Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: $50 sale or trade: new model greys grxi+ 6'6", 5w, 4pc fly rod

From SEPA
I can't help but to remember you laughing every time I pick up the Superfine and my hand dwarfs the entire handle, from butt to where my fingers will actuall roll over to the blank. I dunno if you saw what I posted in one of those "what kind of fishermen are you" threads, but that immediately came to mind the first time I took it out. Told ya I'd buy one, someday. Glorious in the hand, and feels better than kissing Jesus in use.

Also, really made me apprechiate a long rod... My next piece has to be on the light end, but 9' or longer for all arounding. Someday, I'll test cast some 9' and 9'6" 3wts.

I find it interesting, as I read more fishing literature of older vintages, how long their rods were, versus the school of shorties in modern literature. I also find it interesting that people seem to be turning to them more and more, under guise of European nymphing, but makes me wonder if the next step will be slowing of these long rods and using a cast of wets with a heavy point nymph, as opposed to all nymph casts.

But hey, I look forward to seeing what k-bob posts next, coz I can afford handfuls of EHC flies. Heck, I'll even bust out the CDC for him if its something I really want.

Posted on: 2010/9/28 10:34

"I look forward to seeing what k-bob posts next..."

Thanks, but I have made the three flies-for-rods deals I wanted to as I wait for my new greys... to make its way ... from Lancaster PA. (boom shagga wagga ... boom.)

I think they will all be win-win deals, nice. gfen, I had a "2 superfines for $200" spectacular in the spring, that coulda been for flies, but I hadn't thought of it yet.

(Still, I wonder if anyone might want a garmin etrex gps now that I have gone touch screen with the oregon series. ... could have the maps someone wanted on there .... this site is about fishing, right?)

Posted on: 2010/9/28 13:15

From SEPA
Its usuable for fishing, its a great way to hike in, mark your holes, and find your way back out.

Its why I bought mine, at least.

Posted on: 2010/9/28 15:57

yeah, I liked the etrex venture hc so much that I bought a garmin oregon with upgraded memory and 1:24K topo map. 3G views, woo hoo!

Posted on: 2010/9/28 18:34

quick follow up. I got the flies from this flies-for-gear barter and they are great, some PAFFers are great fly tiers!

Posted on: 2010/10/1 15:23

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com