Free switch rod sock and tube - all you pay is shipping

B

boychick

I broke a redingington prospector 11' 3" 4 piece rod. I don't want the tube to go to the land fill. It will fit sections up to 38-39". Pm if interested.

I'd be interested if the broken rod comes in the tube...

The tube and sock are free but you want the broken rod too?

Rod is gone. Any real interest?

Do you have any idea of the shipping cost?

Guys are funny - you can't hardly give stuff away without issues! If you still had the rod, and it wasn't splintered, I taught myself how to fix clean broken sections with internal splints.

I broke two Gatti rods, one a 9' #4 about 15" down from the tip top and an 8' #5 about 24" down from the tip top. I fixed both in less than an hour and you really have to look to find out where they were broken and I guarantee the rod will not break again, while casting or fishing, in the same place.

Do you have any idea of the shipping cost?

Probably around $10.00.

I don't know the shipping cost. I will ship it the cheapest way I can. I would guess wbranch is right; shipping will likely be $10-$15.

Thank you for the generous offer. I will take the rod tube pending a quick measurement when I return home this evening.

I have a three-piece 9' rod that I purchased here from the forum a few years ago that does not have a tube. I am pretty sure each section is almost of equal length (9'/3 should be about 36"), but I want to make sure that the rod will fit.

If the rod will fit the tube, I will send you a PM later this evening.

Until then, it's fair game.... :)

$35 and Redington would fix the rod. Just curious why you would try to ship the tube and sock but no have the rod repaired?

Correction. Tube will only fit 36-37" rod sections. Sorry for the error. Tube is still available.

Hopefully someone will come forward in the next week, if not it goes to the landfill.

Back