new movie out

sandfly

sandfly

saw on the tv this morning ad for a new movie called "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen ", takes place in yemen...What gives trout in the desert ???

My wife asked me if I wanted to see this movie because of the characters fly fishing in the commercial! However, it is clearly a love story/chick flick type of deal- Don't be fooled!

now showing ritz east philly:

http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/Philadelphia/RitzEast.htm

tulenkot wrote:
My wife asked me if I wanted to see this movie because of the characters fly fishing in the commercial! However, it is clearly a love story/chick flick type of deal- Don't be fooled!

Yep. my wife suckered me with that "Catch and Release" movie a couple years ago. At least it had Kevin Smith in it and Jennifer Garner isnt tough on the eyes.

I always get mad when hollywood tries to touch on fly fishing. They get it wrong every time.

Even ARRTI? Just read a great article about the 20th anniversary of the movie which talked about the efforts made to get the fishing right:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/article_b07d873c-6039-11e1-b043-001871e3ce6c.html

might be entertaining. I may go see it. I am a ewan fan after he and charley did long way around and long way down. they are both the real deal when it comes to motorcycles. not sure about ewan and fishing though!
here's a link to the long way around trailer, I watch the movie every winter and dream about trips.

' A River Runs Through It' is the exception, but there are still some things they must have overlooked. One scene shows them fishing with only a 10-inch tippet between the fly-line and the fly, but maybe i'm being too critical.

Hahahaha! I NEVER noticed that dude! I'll have to watch for it.

That article was very good, by the way.

Yea you gotta see it squatch, i am pretty sure it is the scene where brad pitt catches the big one. Anyhow regardless of any imperfections it's still a great movie.

Alright...I'm gonna check it out. I never critiqued it from a technical perspective, just always enjoyed the film for the story. Could be fun trying to poke holes in all the FFing stuff.

you mean to tell me that brad pit really cant fly fish?! say it isnt so... .!

Did anyone ever see either of the two versions of "The River Why", based on the Davis James Duncan book?

Here's a synopsis from the movie's web site:

From the beloved director of Chocolat and the Oscar®-winning screenwriter of Slumdog Millionaire comes the inspirational comedy Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. A visionary sheik (Amr Waked) believes his passion for the peaceful pastime of salmon fishing can enrich the lives of his people, and he dreams of bringing the sport to the not so fish-friendly desert. Willing to spare no expense, he instructs his representative (Emily Blunt) to turn the dream into reality, an extraordinary feat that will require the involvement of Britain's leading fisheries expert (Ewan McGregor) who happens to think the project both absurd and unachievable. That is, until the Prime Minister's overzealous press secretary (Kristin Scott Thomas) latches on to it as a 'good will' story. Now, this unlikely team will put it all on the line and embark on an upstream journey of faith and fish to prove the impossible, possible.

And here's the trailer:

http://www.fishingintheyemen.com/?gclid=CJSCgbSJ3a4CFWUQNAod3lugYQ#/videos

I watched the trailer. It looks pretty good and it has a good cast, which always helps.

The IMDb or Internet Movie Database rates River Why 5.4 as compared to 7.1 for A River Runs Through It.

Salmon Fishing ... Yemen gets a 7.2 but that could change b/c the movie just came out.

The IMDb ratings are based on member ratings not professional critics.

a river runs through it... lmfao

just check out the '12 film tour for good **** you pecks

stevehalupka wrote:
a river runs through it... lmfao

just check out the '12 film tour for good **** you pecks

Another stellar post

Cornholio wrote:
Is 'The River Why' any good?

Never seen the movie, but I started reading it on vacation last week and I'm enjoying it so far.

Back