Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Would you recommend: Spring Creek Strategies: Hatches, Patterns, and Techniques

From Chicago
Love the book, any plans for a DVD?

Posted on: 2010/3/15 19:03

Re: Would you recommend: Spring Creek Strategies: Hatches, Patterns, and Techniques

From SCPA
Not at this point.
Mike

Posted on: 2010/3/16 9:47

Well, Mike from Fayetteville, it's nice to see someone who knows a great deal without an ego. I have run into some big names over the years, and though Geo. Harvey, CK Fox, and Vincent Marinaro were gentlemen, I have, sadly, encountered those whose heads were too large to fit under their fishing caps. You are refreshing and appear to be cut from the mold of the 3 gentlemen I mentioned. Have a good year on the water.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 11:22

From SCPA
rrt,
Thanks man!! I hope to meet more of you over the year. I was going to make last years trico jam, but the day was changed. I hope to make one this year.
I know what you mean. I have meet many, fished with many and nothing is worse than a big ego. It is not me, I was not raised that way. I just do this for the love.

Mike

Posted on: 2010/3/16 13:59

From Lehigh Valley
Mike is such a down to earth and friendly guy, you wonder if he's really the guy that wrote one of the best flyfishing books out there. Until you see him fish.

I'd fish with him ANYTIME (hint hint).

Posted on: 2010/3/16 14:50

Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Mike is such a down to earth and friendly guy, you wonder if he's really the guy that wrote one of the best flyfishing books out there. Until you see him fish.

I'd fish with him ANYTIME (hint hint).

I'll gladly second this. Mike is a both a pleasure to be around and a gentleman.

Whatcha doin this Saturday Mike? Did you read about our gathering in the Announcements/Events forum.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 19:28

From SCPA
I did read. I would have loved to come up, but will be with my son all day.

Posted on: 2010/3/17 9:03

From Pittsburgh
Get wet the rod in the sun blessing waters

I’m almost finished Mike’s book and I’m become pleasingly satisfied with the content.
Why I was waiting for so long?

The “Spring Creek Strategies” book guides us in.
The author teaches concepts, shares tactics, reveal the secrets and truth of the creek.
For me this is the quite powerful text, I do not only learn but also see: the “perfect moment” of the strike, the ritualistic nature of angler life.
The book is full of amazing photography of Jay Nichols and remarkably layout.
I found here many great, nearly animated patterns for the Spring Creek, including his own design.

As Lefty Kreh said …”read this book and you’ll almost certainly catch more fish”…and I’m thinking, yea …but I have to read it one more time before to get there….

This is excellent, top-notch and beautiful book.
Guide you right to the healthy trout.

Mike Heck
Spring Creek
STRATEGIES
Hatches, Patterns, and Techniques

Headwater Books
&
Stackpole Books

Posted on: 2010/3/29 16:46

From SCPA
Glad you like my book. Hope to see you out someday.

I was on the breeches last Thursday and an angler saw me in the parking lot. He came over and said my book saved him when he was fishing the Montanna streams. I thought that was pretty cool.
Best, Mike

Posted on: 2010/3/30 9:29

From Suburban Pittsburgh
Just picked this up as I had heard good things about it before reading this post. Great book so far Mike thank you!

Posted on: 2010/4/28 21:55

From Grove City PA
I'm headed out that way early July to fish Spring...never been out there...gonna have to get this book!

Posted on: 2010/4/29 3:27

From Bozeman
Quote:

bjshaffr wrote:
I'm headed out that way early July to fish Spring...never been out there...gonna have to get this book!

The book is about spring creeks in general, not really spring creek in central PA.

Some of the tactics will certainly apply, but I think it's better suited for places like letort, big spring, falling springs. Regardless, it's an asset to anyone that fishes limestone.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 15:15

From Grove City PA
gotcha.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 20:20

From Eastern PA
I agree with H-A 100%. This book is visually well put together, the writing style is very approachable and is just an amazingly well put together book. For those of you interested in spring creeks, I suggest reading the book a few times, then go out with Mike and put the principles to work, then go back and read the book a couple more times. It will all come together. I learned so much from the book and from my time fishing with Mike. Great guy, knows his stuff and does not have the "greater than thou" attitude a lot of experts in the FF world have.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 23:39

From SEPA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
I agree with H-A 100%. This book is visually well put together, the writing style is very approachable and is just an amazingly well put together book.

Wait a second......I said this.

Why are people consistently confusing HA and me. I assure you, we are not the same. We don't even look the same. Sound the same. Act the same.

First people say he's awesome, now they're attribuing my work to him, before you know people will think he's the dashing, debonair one with the fantastic hair and sparkling wit.

He's the short one, I'm the tall one. With the great hair, mind you.

Posted on: 2010/5/27 9:41

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com