West Virginia Guide Book

Bruno

Bruno

Anyone have a suggestion for a good guide to West Virginia?

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about a book that covered West VA and western MD. I recommend Googling to find a fly shop in W. VA and then calling them and asking about a guidebook.

I was considering buying this one, but I cannot give you any info on the content since I have not seen it yet:

http://www.amazon.com/Flyfishers-Guide-Virginia-Including-Virginias/dp/1932098399/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233322027&sr=8-1

If you are looking for a WV small stream recommendation where you can catch wild rainbows in a pristine wooded setting, I would recommend Seneca Creek. I fished Seneca last year and it was beautiful. It requires a 3 mile hike to get to the best spots, but it is very easy to access from the trail. The stream is a small mountain freestone and the fish and scenery are beautiful. I don't get a chance to fish for wild rainbows that often.

Rob

CLSports wrote:
I was considering buying this one, but I cannot give you any info on the content since I have not seen it yet:

http://www.amazon.com/Flyfishers-Guide-Virginia-Including-Virginias/dp/1932098399/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233322027&sr=8-1

If you are looking for a WV small stream recommendation where you can catch wild rainbows in a pristine wooded setting, I would recommend Seneca Creek. I fished Seneca last year and it was beautiful. It requires a 3 mile hike to get to the best spots, but it is very easy to access from the trail. The stream is a small mountain freestone and the fish and scenery are beautiful. I don't get a chance to fish for wild rainbows that often.

Rob

I've got the guide. It has about 60 pages of the 500 on WV with 30 on trout and 30 on bass. Mostly the eastern edge of the state. The trout info is focused on ten trout streams. It does have good detailed info on those streams.

I have most books published on trout fishing from PA south through the end of the Appalachians. Note much published on WV for obvious reasons. Best bet is searching the WEB and checking the WV state WEB site.

Back