Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tippets: Sunday School

From Marietta, PA
Hey folks,

I just got an essay published in The Drake Magazine and wanted to share it with you all -

Tippets: Sunday School

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for reading.

-Michael

Posted on: 2012/1/7 13:19

Re: Tippets: Sunday School

From Southeastern Pa
Dude, nice!

Posted on: 2012/1/7 13:23

From Bucks County
Very Very nice. Thank you for this one.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 14:10

From Abington
Nice...as a recovering Catholic...I can relate.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 17:35

From Philadelphia
Would love to read it but when I click the link I get a "site down until January 12th" message.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 18:22

From Pittsburgh
Quote:
Would love to read it but when I click the link I get a "site down until January 12th" message.
It's back up.

Really enjoyed the article when I read it few weeks back. Like the style of starting with a quote. I did that a lot in school. Was pleasantly surprised to see your from central PA. Although I had a feeling that you were while reading the article.

Congrats.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 20:18

From SW PA
Sweet article, and congrats!

JH

Posted on: 2012/1/8 23:54

From Philadelphia
Nice article and thoughts. Well done.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 8:12

Michael,
Nice essay. As a former English teacher, I appreciate how much work you did to get so much into the essay. Keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 9:24

From Clinton County, Pa.
Very nice. It took me a while to find God. I found him, in the wilds of Pa. also. Now it's church Sunday morning and then fishing. May God bless you.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 10:17

From Philadelphia
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
Very nice. It took me a while to find God. I found him, in the wilds of Pa. also. Now it's church Sunday morning and then fishing. May God bless you.

Ed, you said that better than I could have. God does get my weekly hour on Saturday night or Sunday but then I go out and see God's work first hand. I may doubt the Catholic Church but I don't doubt my Catholic faith. I talk to God when I'm on the water(yes out loud but only when I'm by myself, lol) because I really feel it is a very meaningful way for me to thank him for all his gifts. No, I'm not a religious phanatic as guys who have fished with me can attest but I do believe and am thankful.

Nice thread.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 10:28

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:

Ed, you said that better than I could have. God does get my weekly hour on Saturday night or Sunday but then I go out and see God's work first hand. I may doubt the Catholic Church but I don't doubt my Catholic faith. I talk to God when I'm on the water(yes out loud but only when I'm by myself, lol) because I really feel it is a very meaningful way for me to thank him for all his gifts. No, I'm not a religious phanatic as guys who have fished with me can attest but I do believe and am thankful.

Nice thread.
I'm Methodist so I don't go to church on Saturday unless it's to a church function. Everyone talks to God in their own way. I sometimes talk to him out loud on the stream also. God is there for sure. Some people don't feel his presence because they are not looking and paying attention to things that happen in their lives.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 16:26

From Clearfield
Nice job Mike. Writing is a bit of a release also, huh?

Posted on: 2012/1/9 16:51

From Marietta, PA
Quote:

csoult wrote:
Nice job Mike. Writing is a bit of a release also, huh?

Ah, most definitely.

Thank you all for the kind words. It certainly means a lot.

When I'm outside & fishing, the Ken Kesey line "We're in the Lord's pocket today!" from Sometimes a Great Notion seems to seep into my thoughts...

-Michael

Posted on: 2012/1/9 17:02

From Ephrata, PA
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:

Nice thread.
I'm Methodist so I don't go to church on Saturday unless it's to a church function. Everyone talks to God in their own way. I sometimes talk to him out loud on the stream also. God is there for sure. Some people don't feel his presence because they are not looking and paying attention to things that happen in their lives.

I'm glad to see you guys at least see value in your weekly worship services w/ other believers. Good article; God's creation definitely has a way of pointing us back to the Creator.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 17:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com