The latest survey on PA Fly Fish

Chaz

Chaz

The results puzzle me. I guess I don't understand the logic of C & R on stocked water, comments?

If your referring to the "how many trout did you harvest" poll, I'm going to assume that most fly fishers spend most of there time fly fishing on non-stocked, wild streams, resulting in a high C&R rate..

Pretty simple for me, I don't like to eat fish.

Nah. I let my stockies go because they're generally ugly an unappetizing. I let my wild ones go because they're so beautiful.

Nothing wrong with letting stocked fish go. Although, I'll occasionally keep a few for friends who like to eat them, and ask me for some.
And when I do, I really dislike killing them, and putting them on a stringer.
It's just so much nicer to release them, and keep on fishing.

When you fish stocked waters, including DHALO sections, do you fish until you catch your legal limit? Then pack up and go home? Even in the rare times I keep fish, I'll usually fish all day and keep one or 2 at the end. I don't live around any wild trout streams so I c&r on my local stocked streams often.

I fish the heck out of the local stocked streams. Its a little bit of a trip to get to the popular wild trout streams. I dont really care to keep trout wild or stocked.

On the other hand if I happen to do some bass or walleye fishing in non C&R waters I may keep a few for the frying pan that night.

Back