Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Spring Creek Strategies by Mike Heck

From SCPA
rrt,
wrote, "He's getting married soon, so maybe he won't have so many fish wised up!"
Thanks for the kind words on the book. Actually I have been married for 16 years- two kids. One, Breanne, 11 and the other, Fisher, 3 who is now "Cancer" free.

Hate to tell you, but they are going to catch more fish behind you than I do.

Fisher is a natural!!!

Posted on: 2009/1/29 0:10

From ridley
Hey Mike
What do you think about using cdc feathers instead of snowshoe hair for your snowshoe emergers? I don't know how much it would efeect the floatation aspect of the fly? New this and just trying to figure it out. When are you going to do a fly tying book for PA? Sounds like a good idea. Happy to hear about Fisher and hope when he gets older he can show me a thing or two about catching them!

Fishrich

Posted on: 2009/1/29 21:31

From ridley
Hey Mike
What do you think about using cdc feathers instead of snowshoe hair for your snowshoe emergers? I don't know how much it would efeect the floatation aspect of the fly? New this and just trying to figure it out. When are you going to do a fly tying book for PA? Sounds like a good idea. Happy to hear about Fisher and hope when he gets older he can show me a thing or two about catching them!

Fishrich

Posted on: 2009/1/29 21:33

From SCPA
fishrich,

Fisher is running around the downstreams right now with his little Spoungebob rod now.

I have used CDC, but like them for my loop winged CDC emergers. You can certainly use CDC, but for the fullness I desired to accomplish on the snowshoe emergers, rabbit foots was best. As for another book. I did just help with "Tying Dry Flies" which just can out. Very nicely done, but do know there is word of more books I will be doing later down the raod.

Mike

Posted on: 2009/1/30 8:58

Mike -- I didn't mean it was you fishing behind me; I meant it was a "young lion," who I know is getting married. I'm sure Breanne and Fisher will also fish circles around me. Anyhow, your book is a fine one, one that should be helpful to all ages and levels of fly-fishermen.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 13:28

From SCPA
rrt,
My bad-but it is was very funny. I too had that happen to me once, twice maybe a few more times. I'm sure we all have had it happen.

It was cool to put some faces to our names here on the site when visiting the Somerset show.

Mike

Posted on: 2009/1/31 8:38

From Akron, Ohio
Mike,

Great to hear Fisher is doing well and Cancer free. Scott and I will have to hit you up this summer for a day or 2 on the Falling Spring. Take care.

Joel

Posted on: 2009/2/4 16:23

From SCPA
Joe,
Thanks much. As you know it was a hard year. Now the boy is wearing us out! Just great to have him back. Saturday will be his first day out of the house without a mask since April of last year. He wants to go to Bob Evans so that is where we will be before the heavy crowds get there.

Tell Scott I said, Hi and hopefuly see you this year again.

Mike

Posted on: 2009/2/4 19:39

Got my copy, now I need time to read it

Posted on: 2009/2/11 8:56

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

From Monessen, PA
I saw Mike's book getting reviewed/recommended in American Angler. That should be a nice boost for sales. Congratulations and good luck!

Posted on: 2009/2/18 6:32

From Hatfield, Pa.
Didn't even finish reading it and it paid for itself, tied some of Mike's sulphur nymphs up and had a good evening fish with them. Money well spent, it's a keeper .

Buffalo

Posted on: 2009/5/13 12:21

From Akron, Ohio
Tie yourself some of the simple shrimp... I killed them on big spring with that one over the weekend. Thanks, Mike!

Posted on: 2009/7/21 11:45

From SCPA
Joe,
Thanks, Worked on that pattern back in 1985. Been a good one for me all over the states that have scuds in the streams. A killer on the Bighorn.

Mike

Posted on: 2009/7/24 18:25

From Enola, Pa.
Mike

Im so glad to hear that your Son is cancer free, I had heard that he was battling cancer but never heard the results. Five years ago my Granddaughter past away from cancer, I know it's a horrible thing to have go through.

Im so glad to hear that Fisher won his battle!

PaulG

Posted on: 2009/8/1 10:02

From Altoona
I received this book today in the mail and I'm already halfway done with it. But I have a feeling I'll be reading it over and over again throughout next season.

I'm also tying the simple shrimp pattern as we speak.

Thank you, Mike, for such a great book!

Posted on: 2011/1/6 19:24

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com