Social Media and Fly Tying

T

tctrout

I just made a short video asking for your thoughts on the impact of Social Media and Fly Tying. It's obvious that most on this site are into forums, but what about Facebook and Instagram? What ways do you use them, and what (if any) tyers or FB groups can you recommend to others?

I will be recording all of the comments from this video, and place them into Part Two in the next few weeks. Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts!

Merry Christmas,

Tim

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUqq-CKNWkY&t=11s[/youtube]

I think personally tutorials on YouTube are the best resource we have fly tying online.

Jessed wrote:
I think personally tutorials on YouTube are the best resource we have fly tying online.

They are definitely great on YouTube. Do you use any Facebook groups or are there any people on Instagram you follow?

Tim

tctrout wrote:
Jessed wrote:

They are definitely great on YouTube. Do you use any Facebook groups or are there any people on Instagram you follow?

Tim

For me it is either YouTube tutorials or forums such as this one. I quit using facebook for several reasons and never got into other social media like twitter, instagram, etc.

Jim misuiras channel I personally think is the best. Pa guy too

Tim,

I think you have one of the best channels out there for fly tying. When I first started tying I found your videos the easiest to follow because you don't over complicate things. As far as other avenues for fly tying I will often take a look at some pictures of flies on Instagram and attempt to duplicate the patterns. People have come up with some really creative flies.

Thanks for the kind words and there are some great flies out there on Instagram for sure. Any tyers that you would recommend that I could mention in my Part Two video?

Thanks!

Tim

HopBack wrote:
Tim,

I think you have one of the best channels out there for fly tying. When I first started tying I found your videos the easiest to follow because you don't over complicate things. As far as other avenues for fly tying I will often take a look at some pictures of flies on Instagram and attempt to duplicate the patterns. People have come up with some really creative flies.

Our very own Lv2nymph on Instagram and gagaflies have some very nice flies.

Thanks, HopBack, and I will look into these and give you credit during my Part Two video!

Tim

HopBack wrote:

Social media, in general, brings groups of people with similar interests together. Its neat being able to see tons of different styles of tying and flies in one place.

I dont use Facebook much, but Instagram is nice to follow other fly fishermen and tiers.

HopBack wrote:

I did enjoy following Jack's page on Instagram.

There are a ton of other people I follow, but really cant think of who they are off the top of my head.

Back