HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Pa Angler
From Gettysburg
Quote:

mt_flyfisher wrote:
I was able to sort through a few years of old issues from back in the 50’s and early 60’s to find an article from the May 1960 issue on walleye fishing in the Allegheny River near Warren, PA that had to a picture of me in it.

I can still remember that day and the fish we caught. It was either in January or February, raining and colder than the devil. But, we caught some fish, and I’d probably do it again today, nearly 60 years later - although I’d surely wear more of today’s high tech clothing, which makes it much nicer to be outside in inclement weather than what we had back then.

Now that's a neat story.

Posted on: 2017/11/14 8:26

Re: Pa Angler

From Lancaster
Thanks for posting, I didn't realize the archives existed! I started poking around looking for a an old article tying a leech pattern. Didn't find it yet but did come across some of Chauncey's patterns that I did tie over 40 years ago.

A bonus was finding a couple of back cover photos that I took. I remembered one, but completely forgot about the other (Sept '81 & Feb '82). I might have a few more out there if I keep looking.

Cool trip down memory lane!

Posted on: 2017/11/14 9:18

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes 68% (64)
No 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/7/20 10:51
4 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com