No Shortage of Good Days

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

The latest, correct me if I'm wrong, from Gierach.

I don't know what it is about John Gierach, but I continue to buy his books. Maybe it's that he writes as if he assumes you know quite a bit about the sport already. He cuts straight through all the bull and has a style that I enjoy reading. It's just stories that are told well and that are believable mixed in with sarcasm and humor.

I've got a collection of fly fishing books, four of them are by John Gierach. I always find that most his books have enough interesting stories that I can continue to read through them.

I'm reading my first Gierach book, "Death, Taxes and Leaky Waders." It's a great book of short stories and I'm learning quite a bit about flies, hatches and many other fly fishing tactics.

I have that one as well, it's a lot of writings from his other books in there.

I like reading them because I can read a chapter here and there until I finish it. With a collection of shorter stories it's not like I have to remember what's going on. Just read when I want to.

I am building a Gierach collection as well.

John Gierach is amazing fly fishing
writer
The only book I don’t have is the Signs of Life.
I hope I will get one.

Attachments

• Signs of Life by John Gierach .jpg
    Signs of Life by John Gierach .jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 5
i also have every one of his book except signs of life. but i also have 2 audio books from him. all books are hardcover that is availabl, i even have 5 or 6 autograph. his books are the best. fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back