Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: New PA Fly Fishing guide book

From Southeastern Pa
Tom will be speaking at our Oktoberfest meeting here in Lancaster. you can check out details here:

http://www.donegaltu.org/events.html

Posted on: 2016/9/20 23:26

From SEPA
The book looks to be out of stock now. I ordered it on 9/13 but didn't get in on time, Does anyone know when they will have more?

Posted on: 2016/10/3 8:54

Quote:

FLY_Mike wrote:
The book looks to be out of stock now. I ordered it on 9/13 but didn't get in on time, Does anyone know when they will have more?

Amazon showed it as out of stock when the OP was made. So probably the first printing simply has not yet arrived from the printers.

That happens a lot. Amazon shows the publication date as Sept. 15.
But there are often delays.

Posted on: 2016/10/3 9:37

From Easton, PA
I see my order has finally been updated with an expected delivery date. That is a step in the right direction.

Posted on: 2016/10/5 6:27

From Pittsburgh
I.bought mine directly from Wilderness Adventures Press and received on Monday. Havent had a chance to dive into it to see what it has to offer but hope to soon...

Posted on: 2016/10/5 8:14

From Pittsburgh
I've read through all the introductory stuff & the Southwest PA, Northwest PA, and South Central PA sections so far (jumped around in order based on where I typically fish..).

I like the book and the GPS coords for well-known spots will be helpful in getting to some of these streams I haven't fished before. He was careful to not spot-burn anything from what I see. It's not a book you "Must Buy", but I like to add them to my collection as a more current publication.

I also like that Tom Doman is throughout the book, only because I went out on a full day trip with him on Penns a few years ago and really enjoyed what he taught me and did for me that day. It seems he's very good friends with the author as there are many pictures of him in the book.

Posted on: 2016/10/7 11:50

From South Jersey
This post is a few months old. I saw Gilmore at the Somerset FF Show. Now that members have had a chance to digest it, what is the verdict. I'm thinking of buying it. What I like about the book is that it claims to tell you the access points. Many's the time I have driven for hours looking for access that isn't posted.

Posted on: 3/16 21:11

Salmo

From Easton, PA
The GPS coordinates for access points are helpful. The book does have some errata, and portions were just copied and pasted from his Fly Fishers Guide to the Big Apple (which makes me wonder how up to date some of the info is). No regrets for having purchased it, though.

Posted on: 3/17 13:32

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com