New Ideas

M

martinlf

Fly Fishing Pressured Water, by Lloyd Gonzales, is the most innovative book on flyfishing I've seen to date. Not only does it offer some new and very effective patterns, it reveals hatches we often are not aware of and ways to fish them. Some of the patterns are too complex for most of us to tie regularly, but many patterns, such at the shucking dun mayfly are not only easy to tie, once you practice making the wings a bit, but they also are bombproof. Our local olive eating trout love this pattern and you can catch trout after trout after trout on it without it getting slimed up or coming apart. I've learned more from this book than from any other I own.

Wow. Sounds awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

It's a really nice book. I don't like a lot of his dry flys. Maybe it's that I'm more of a traditionalist(sp?). The nymphs on the other hand are quite nice. Overall it is a nice book to have.

Steve

thanks man! i have to check that one out. i love highly pressured trout and the technical fishing that goes with it. thanks again!

Fly Fishing Pressured Water, by Lloyd Gonzales is a book worth buying. Gonzo is one of the most knowledgeable fly fishermen in PA. It’s more of a fly tying book for realistic flies than a fly fishing book. If you interested in trying your hand at realistic flies, this book is for you. I’m not 100% sold on tying super realistic patterns, but as mentioned, some of his patterns are fairly simple. I’ve gotten some great ideas from some of the flies and techniques he uses. If you think you are an accomplished tier right now, look at his patterns and techniques. You will realize that we all have a lot to learn. The learning never stops – but that’s what makes fly fishing and fly tying so great.

Back