Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Little video clip...

Sarce,
Scratch that Jacksonville Rn tip. I may have given you some bad "gouge" as they say in the Navy. The stream that I was thinking about may be Nittany Ck down where I -80 and Jacksonville Rd cross. It has been a long time since I have been over there, but the stream always looked interesting. Lick is not far from there if you find that my info on Nittany is bad.

Posted on: 4/9 18:39

From State College, PA
Both Nittany Creek and Lick Run fish well. Since we are posting all of the little known limestone fisheries in Centre County for the anonymous visitors, add Cedar Run and Halfmoon Creek to the list.

Posted on: 4/9 19:15

Post up info on the small lesser known limestone streams in the SE part of the state, Lehigh Valley, etc.

Posted on: 4/9 20:22

Sarce,
I understand your comment about posting on Buffalo Run. As always, I recommend that you seek landowner permission whether any of these streams are posted or not. My general experiences have been that some landowners allow fishing despite their posting and they just want to know who is on their properties. Of course, there are others at the other end of the spectrum as well. As is said, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Posted on: 4/9 23:08

These valley limestoners in rapidly developing regions need all of the friends that they can get, and whether they are fly anglers, C&R Anglers, bait anglers, harvesters, or "anonymous" should not be of concern. The more important thing is that they have their defenders...the more the better. Such streams rarely attract much use or attention until it is too late. In the long run, anglers' hiding them is counterproductive. Unfortunately, I see parts of Centre County where I lived following the footsteps of SE Pa, where the small limestoners did not make out very well in the agricultural areas or in the rush for economic development.

Posted on: 4/10 8:50

Some of these streams have had significantly decreased base flows, at least it appears that way to me. On Lick Run, Nittany Creek, and Logan Branch.

In the summer and fall, between rains, they just don't seem to flow with as much water as in the past.

Posted on: 4/10 9:11

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com