HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Good-by to Fly Fisherman

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

NorthBranch wrote:
I know the Becks all to well. There's a lot more to why many people don't have much nice to say about them, not just what has been said here... that's all I will say about it.

You opened your mouth so let it all out.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 19:53

From NC PA Mountains
Come on guys...you make a statement & you should follow up so everyone knows what you mean. I'm sorry that I'm so ignorant about this. Help me out.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 19:59

From NE PA
Quote:

BradFromPotter wrote:
[quote]
You opened your mouth so let it all out.

Brad,

First, I've known Barry and his first wife Sandy since the early 70's, and I got to know Barry very well... at least as much as I wanted. I don't know Cathy very well, but I have met her a couple of times.

With that said, I won't use any names, I'll use a generalization and let you fill in the blanks...

Some folks are in this sport purely for the money. Some of those same folks are the most arrogant, back-stabbing SOB's you would ever want to meet. If your not a rich "elite" purist, they talk "down" to you... and it's not because they love the sport.

If you are ever in this neck of the woods, stop into Fishing Creek Outfitters. Talk to the current owner, or for that matter, anyone else who is in the store at that time, and see what they think. You'll get a earful. I feel sorry for the current owner, and a couple of the previous owners of that establishment. They really got shafted by "somebody"... all for the love of money... not for the betterment of the sport.

Of course, this is my opinion (and that of many others). Some folks may like people like that. Not me.

Posted on: 2012/3/5 6:50

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Now, it's good-by to American Angler, for the same reason. I admittedly miss getting Fly Fisherman, and since I think AA is the best of the ff magazines, I will miss reading it even more. I also saw that FTJ printed a beck photo in its last issue. I hope that does not become a regular thing. Thank goodness for The Drake and FR&R (with one mistake in FR&R a year ago).

Posted on: 2012/8/19 13:52

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

rrt wrote:
Now, it's good-by to American Angler, for the same reason. I admittedly miss getting Fly Fisherman, and since I think AA is the best of the ff magazines, I will miss reading it even more. I also saw that FTJ printed a beck photo in its last issue. I hope that does not become a regular thing. Thank goodness for The Drake and FR&R (with one mistake in FR&R a year ago).

If you really wanted to make a statement you should boycott all of the advertisers in both mags. Because if you buy anything from the manufactures that advertises in either magazine some of your money is ending up in the Beck's pockets. Just a thought.

Posted on: 2012/8/21 9:57

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com