Good articles on Letort and Sandy Hook

F

Fishidiot

The current issue (Summer 2012) of Eastern Fly Fishing magazine has two very good articles that would likely be of interest to Paffers: Letort and Sandy Hook. There was some recent discussion on this forum about this magazine. Here's the link.

Anyway, I think this magazine has gotten better recently and these articles, IMO, reveal this. The Letort article is pretty well spot-on in my view. There were a few passages that I didn't agree with, such as the claim that the lower Letort is stocked in the springtime (its not)....but overall, I agree with the description of the physical difficulty of the stream. The author clearly did his homework by reading Fox and Marinaro...and interviewed the right people. If, like many Paffers, you're planning to visit the Letort for the first time - or one of many times - I recommend this article.

While I don't fish Sandy Hook much, it's a unique and superb salt water fishing destination, among the best at the NJ shore. Beau Beasley wrote this article. I like Beau's articles - lots of related historical material about the different places. Anyway, if you're planning on joining Fredrick for the salt jam later this year, I'd recommend this article.

Very good issue of Eastern Fly Fishing.

I stood in Gander Mtn and read the entire Letort article a little while back, lol.

I believe their decision to regionalize the magazines was a great idea, as was giving online access to other regions to subscribers.

Back