Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fly books for kindle

From LV
Color is good, but I have yet to find any books that have photos. It's all about download speeds.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 21:19

Anyone know if out of print books are available such as travers corners or some of the harry middleton books?
Sorry I'm not much of a "techie" or I'd try to search myself.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 21:24

From Enola, PA
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/b ... 3?ie=UTF8&node=1286228011

Follow that link, type the author or book name in the search field at the top of the screen

Posted on: 2012/2/15 21:47

uhh...nevermind

thanks

Posted on: 2012/2/16 10:08

From Juneau, Alaska
I bit and bought Ed Engle's "Fishing Small Flies" after reading the hardcopy of "Tying Small Flies". I was pleased with the results. Some of the illustrations were slightly out of sync with the text, but being B&W they worked and were surprisingly clear. I believe I would be disappointed with the Kindle edition of "Fishing Small Flies", which has MANY pictures and illustrations.

As far as "lending" Kindle books... between the wife and I we have at least 100 books. New, old, etc. NOT ONE of them is lendable. fergetaboutit. We just swap Kindles for a time.

I also bought the Google book, Wilderness Press's "Fishing Colorado". What it amounts to is a large PDF file that is not searchable. I may do the same for my copy of the same publisher for "Pennsylvania" by Wolf. Given our 5th wheel has limited cargo capacity it may be best to have some of these reference books in electrons rather than ink. The Google books are only $8, pretty good value. You can also read them on any device that connects to the internet.

Cheers,
RBT

Posted on: 2012/2/19 18:25

From Enola, PA
Upinak, do you and your wife share the same Amazon account? You should be able to load any of your books onto any of your devices that you have registered to that account. I have been able to load all of my books on my iPad and iPhone and several onto my son's iPod all of which are running the Kindle app and registered to the same Amazon account.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 19:43

uhh...nevermind

From Juneau, Alaska
No, we have separate everything..... almost...

Posted on: 2012/2/21 17:39

From LV
You can share Nook books, but the time is limited. There are a lot of out of print books that are free in both formats.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 18:00

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com