Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Drone used to capture flyfishing footage

ah Mcwill we wuz jest funnin you after all the serious replies but suspect you knew that-little slow here this time of year..

Posted on: 3/3 10:48

From Bucks County
I have not used one fishing, but I just want to say I hate you.....I want a Mavic SOOOOO bad. lol

Would love to see the footage you get from it! I almost love camera gear and filming more than fishing.

Posted on: 3/3 12:31

From Cato, NY
Thanks I have some great footage already just not any flyfishing. The mavic is as good as advertised i can tell you that. it has a 3 to 4 mile range and and is super fun to fly.

Posted on: 3/3 13:34

From Cato, NY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwA2EYY7jQ

here is a short clip from fairhaven NY. Im just learning how to edit video so its not the best but make sure you watch in 1080P

Posted on: 3/3 13:41

From Lewistown
I've thought a lot about cool footage from the stream. My 2 biggest concerns are the tightness of the trees and typically trout are keen to avian predators. I wonder if they would shut down with a drone buzzing over.

Still cool for B footage though.

Posted on: 3/3 14:24

Webmaster
Quote:

mcwillja wrote:

here is a short clip from fairhaven NY. Im just learning how to edit video so its not the best but make sure you watch in 1080P

Nice video and thanks for sharing. I've been enjoying some of the fly fishing drone videos shared over the last few years. Please share some more of your videos.

I've been waiting a long time for the right drone and just purchased a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago as well. Been spending some time in the backyard learning to fly it safely and hope to master some better video capture techniques. I'm having a blast with and hope to start taking it out to some different locations. Yes attacked my FAA sticker on it.

Ignore the crap people are saying about drones. I've observed that most drone owners know more about the laws and are more sensitive to drone use than those who don't have one. I spent a lot of time figuring out the regulations and even studied some of the 107.

People can be incredibly annoying with their barking dogs, cars, boom boxes on the beach (wanted to date myself with this one), motorcycles and even their kids. I've been annoyed plenty of times by people on the stream and none of them had a drone.

Now get off my front yard.

Posted on: 3/3 17:03

Edited by dkile on 2017/3/4 6:50:09

From Erie Co.
Cool I like watching the videos of streams the professionals are producing. I often browse google and bing maps for hours. I would love to have one.

Posted on: 3/4 12:11

From SE Pa
Yup just ignore what people are saying and go out and annoy anybody you want. It's a free country and as such you are allowed to annoy people if you want. There's always room for more annoyance in the world. The world needs something to compete against wedding videos. Drone Fishing videos is a good choice.

Posted on: 3/5 10:30

From Chester County
Quote:

dkile wrote:
Quote:

mcwillja wrote:

Nice video and thanks for sharing. I've been enjoying some of the fly fishing drone videos shared over the last few years. Please share some more of your videos.

I've been waiting a long time for the right drone and just purchased a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago as well. Been spending some time in the backyard learning to fly it safely and hope to master some better video capture techniques. I'm having a blast with and hope to start taking it out to some different locations. Yes attacked my FAA sticker on it.

Ignore the crap people are saying about drones. I've observed that most drone owners know more about the laws and are more sensitive to drone use than those who don't have one. I spent a lot of time figuring out the regulations and even studied some of the 107.

People can be incredibly annoying with their barking dogs, cars, boom boxes on the beach (wanted to date myself with this one), motorcycles and even their kids. I've been annoyed plenty of times by people on the stream and none of them had a drone.

Below is a video of Dave during his practice session fishing for bass with his new drone . He caught one! (If you know Dave...you know he gets real excited when he actually catches something!!)

I believe he's looking to adapt this technique and cruise his drone over Penns during Green Drake time at this year's Jam.

Stay tuned!

Posted on: 3/5 10:54

Edited by afishinado on 2017/3/5 11:13:32
Edited by afishinado on 2017/3/5 11:16:05
Edited by afishinado on 2017/3/5 11:17:18

"Holy crabapples", " Holy cow" & "I don't know what to do with the rest of my life"?? I surely hope that Dave doesn't use suck abusive and inflammatory language in his future videos.

Was that guy using a tapered or knotted leader? Any sighter mono?

Posted on: 3/5 11:24

From lower burrell, pa
"Holy crabapple" holy birds milk

Posted on: 3/5 11:27

From down the block from the Letort.
Quote:

hah, exactly.....'back in the day' I flew RC Gliders pretty seriously about 20 years ago and then some guys started messing around with helicopters and hanging video gear off of them to make ski movies, long learning curve. RC 'copters are handful to really fly well, these next-next-next generation drones have really lowered the bar of entry. Not that that's a bad thing...just progress, I guess. Interesting how far they've come in such a short time frame.

Fella at work told me he saw something like this on TV somewhere, long line, drone delivered surf fishing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oGDuFWb3c0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmjk2BR2Alg

Posted on: 3/5 21:10

From Cato, NY
Quote:

dkile wrote:
Quote:

mcwillja wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. You will love the mavic pro and ive had mine awhile and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. One recommendation is consider buying the Litchi app. The waypoint mission feature alone may be worth the price of the app and it never crashes my nvidia shield tablet that i use to fly with.

Posted on: 3/7 9:16

From Cato, NY
Quote:

poopdeck wrote:
Yup just ignore what people are saying and go out and annoy anybody you want. It's a free country and as such you are allowed to annoy people if you want. There's always room for more annoyance in the world. The world needs something to compete against wedding videos. Drone Fishing videos is a good choice.

You mean annoying like this post ? ^

Posted on: 3/7 9:19

From Cato, NY
dKile here is another clip with parts of the video i was in autopilot using Litchi flying waypoint missions. The end is a shot of my friends phantom 4 we were flying over the susquehanna near williamsport. Again for best video quality watch in 1080P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JxrsQuFiLg

Posted on: 3/7 9:55

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com