Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cutthroat: A Journey Through the American West

This book has just come out. Michael Graybrook is the author and is a Pittsburgh guy.

It is about a fly fisher , who a little more than a decade began a fascination with native trout. I believe catching a redband in CA began the odyssey and it continued will Cutthroat.

This book tells some personal experiences in finding streams with populations of Cutthroat- most of which are down gravel roads for dozens of miles then require a few mile hike to get to the streams. These populations range from NM to WA states. It is not easy to cover that much ground.

It seems a little silly when your emotions turn from hopeful and optimistic when you start your journey to anxious and to a little fear ( after you drive 2000 miles and study maps all winter , talk to the state and federal biologists about a population of Cutthroat, then arrive to dry stream beds).

Anyway- I can relate to all of the stories as I share a similar quest for native trout of America.

Here is an interview from drake mag- http://www.drakemag.com/drakecast/189 ... ki-michael-graybrook.html

The book has stunning photos of the Cutthroats and has a little story that goes with each one. Finished the book in 2 days.
If your a native fish head, you’ll surely love it.

Posted on: 4/1 8:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com