Castalia Rainbows Video

sweetfeet

sweetfeet

We try to short films out of most of our adventures. Here's on from our trip to Castalia in Ohio.

http://vimeo.com/28711284

And we've got a few other videos and posts on our blog: http://flatlanderflyfishing.com

Great video!! Thanks for posting

ohio's version of the SRC

what, about 4000 fish per pool?

is that what led to the dead fish at :44? death grip?

Dead fish, and the guy freaking out because a fish almost made it back in the water. wish I could say I enjoyed the video.

Have a pattern for that pellet fly???

At Castalia you have a five fish limit, and you have to keep everything that you catch, per DNR rules.

Sorry to dissapoint.

I take it that DNR stands for department of natural resources? And if so, do they have a logical reason for making you kill every fish caught?
Also, is this by what's called the blue hole? I remember seeing signs for that place - by castalia - on many trips to cedar point years ago

The DNR is the Department of Natural resources. This was a lottery trip. They were all caught on hoppers. It was a fun day and nothing more.
This is near the Blue Hole. These fish escape from the hatchery and DNR requires lottery winners to keep the fish they catch in order to reduce the number in the stream. We had to check in and check out.
I have fished all over this country and caught plenty of wild fish. I grew up in Western Pa and had plenty of water to fish, but here in Ohio we are limited to a few trout streams. It was nothing more than the same fun that many of us had as boy's chunkin' a nightcrawler in a stocked stream on the fist day.
SBecker- Like the blog, sorry you didn't enjoy the video.

Thank you, just don't see the enjoyment in making a movie about that kind of situation. I am sure not all of your movies are like that.

SBecker wrote:
Thank you, just don't see the enjoyment in making a movie about that kind of situation. I am sure not all of your movies are like that.

ya he didn't mean anything bad. we are all good.

and holy crap that is pathetic sportsmanship. is that a joke?

...I like how the video was shot, what camera were you using?

Most of it was shot on a Canon 7D DLSR with a Tamron 17-50 lens. Underwater stuff was from a GoPro with a flat lens modification.

I enjoyed It!!!! If given the chance I am sure most people would be there doing it at some point. Not saying I would do it all the time but who wouldn't want to catch a bunch of nice fish. (I know some will say they would pass it up and thats fine) Why not make a video? its a good memory.

Back