HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Best Magazine

From Eastern PA
Quote:

boychick wrote:
I like Eastern Fly Fishing. It featers places to fish more than anything else, but there is always some content on fly tying and tactics too. They write a lot about places to fish in PA. They do not restrict their writing to trout water, they write about places to fish for every species that will take a fly in moving water, still water, fresh and salt water. I think it is the best publication out there right now.

I agree with this completely. There is usually a PA stream or two featured in each issue. I further note that the Winter 2012 issue now has the wording "Northeast Edition" written across the top, so they may have further segmented the magazine. This month includes:
Grand Lake Stream, ME
Guilford, CT
Oswegatchie River, NY
Duxbury Bay, MA
Conewago Creek, PA
Lake Superior North Shore, MN
Laurel Fork River, VA

Reading the note from the editor it appears they now have regional editions. It is also noted that as a subscriber you get free digital downloads of the other two regional editions. So you get the print edition plus the two other editions digitally. Glad I found this thread as I had noted the change in title across the top but did not realize the other issues were available for free via digital download. Subscribers sign into their account and the available issues show up. Mine shows NE, SE and MW editions available for digital download.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 10:26

From Hershey
Eastern Fly Fishing is my preferred read as well. Geo, I'll try to remember to throw a few copies in the truck with the book I was gonna give you as well.
I like the stream reviews because they are relatively close, generally within a state or two away so trip planning is possible.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 14:47

From Philadelphia
Thanks guys. I sent for a free trial issue and did take note that there were 3 editions. Did not know about getting the others digitally free.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 17:37

From Pittsburgh
I'm not crazy about any of them.
So, what I do is subscribe only when I get offered the bargain basement price.
I've been doing this with fly fisherman for quite a while now.
When my subscription expires, they give me a renewal rate of like $27 a year. I let it go and wait. Then - after a period of about 6 months - they offer me a much better rate of 2 years for $20. Which I then renew at.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 1:08

From Hatboro
try catchmagazine.net
It's a free online magazine (although they say they're going to start charging sometime this year) that is almost entirely incredibly photos and videos. Check out the back issues, some AMAZING shots. Definitely worth checking out!

Posted on: 2012/1/25 19:55

From Baltimore, Ohio
In print, I agree with several others here - Easter Fly Fishing is a fun read with pertinent information for those of us in this region.

But, I actually REALLY enjoy some of the online magazines: CATCH and Southern Culture on the Fly both have inspired articles and beautiful photography.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 8:25

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com