Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: A little fun with video

From Ephrata, PA
Bulls, mean arse rams, farm dogs, these are the hazards of being a Lancaster Co. fly fisherman!

I didn't see a stretch that goes through a dairy farm, so you may have been way above us (though it would be in Lebanon Co. then), or below us, which is all put-and-take now-exceptional small mouth fisher down there, though.

I ain't too worried about "burning it" as it gets POUNDED during the first several weeks of trout season, except we were on private land (with permission) for about 80% of this footage, which is why I didn't mention the stream name in the video.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 9:12

Next time you fall in have Brian hold the camera so we can get a better view. Every time I fish with Ryan he is too busy fishing to catch the hilarity of me falling in. Some day we might catch it on camera.

Great video!

Posted on: 2013/5/10 8:05

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I don't need a camera, I can vividly remember almost all of them and am still laughing at the one at Elk Creek!

Looking forward to watching you fall in this weekend. It's not a fishing trip without it!

Posted on: 2013/5/14 15:49

From Pittsburgh
That's a heck of a good looking stream. Nice save on the camera too. This is a pretty good example of what it's like to actually fish with you. Duck chasing, falling, a few fish. All in all, a good day.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 23:34

From Ephrata, PA
That stream has been through a lot. In the flooding of 2010 it took a good beating (as did one of its tribs). That's a stream that could use a little care. Its in a sandstone rich area, so silt can get pretty heavy. Its banks are getting wider and wider. It really only needs a little structural care. It wouldn't take much. We found some structural improvements that a fishing club did in the 60s (that part is not in the video), and even that little work made a big difference as far as habitat goes.

It has great hatches, it has natives and wild fish, it's spring fed so it stays fishable year round, it just lacks structure.

All that video needed yet was me catching a lightening trout on a size 10 HE...THEN it would be a complete example of fishin' w/ Squatch!

Posted on: 2013/5/22 8:10

From Eastern PA
For what it's worth, this section was dedicated to printed materials up until a couple years ago. I made the suggestion to Dave that it be opened up to more modern media forms and the moderation staff agreed. The spirit and intent was to review digital and printed materials, not necessarily home brewed videos. It is my humble opinion that personal video-grams should be located in other forums. General? Locations? Not quite sure where this fits but again my humble opinion, it would be in a different forum in the future (assuming there will be future installments of Fishing With Sasquatch or whatever).

Posted on: 2013/5/24 3:13

From Ephrata, PA
FWIW, I did originally post it in the general forum, but it done got moved. I tend to agree w/ you jdaddy, but the powers that be must disagree.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 11:33

From Eastern PA
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
FWIW, I did originally post it in the general forum, but it done got moved. I tend to agree w/ you jdaddy, but the powers that be must disagree.

Fair enough!

Posted on: 2013/5/24 15:22

From Monessen, PA
Sometimes these decisions are guesswork. I think posting it in General was OK. JDaddy's point is well-taken as to the intent here, but the forum is not so crowded as to not allow for one or two homebrews.

Posted on: 2013/5/26 9:51

-- Leo Tolstoy

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com