A kind and thoughtful gift

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

bergmanbook_zps3bf81efb.jpg

A homeowner that we're doing some work for gave me this book. I wondered why for the past week or so she has been so interested in how into ffing and tying I was. Turns out I think I was being sized up as to whether I was worthy of this gift or not. End of the day today she says to me Jack I have a little gift for you for all the wonderful work you've been doing and hands me this book. She said to me it's been just sitting on the shelf for years and I know you'll give it life again. I thanked her profusely before I left and gave her a hug. I didn't think the hug was overboard given the circumstances, it belonged to her late husband George... I had her inscribe his name and the date he bought it in the book so his memory would stay with the book. I feel that parting with this really meant something to her as it did me.

That's awesome, Jack. I hear a lot of that book.

One of the things I liked about doing construction was talking to homeowners.

Hey thanks Bc, So many of them start out feeling kinda embarrassed that they don't know enough about what's going on, then by the time we're done they feel like they've learned so much.

Sweet! She obviously felt that she had found a worthy recipient of the book and I have to think she was absolutely right. A nice and cherished addition to your fishing library, Jack.

Lv2
What year is that one ?
I have one that is
Third edition 1976
I will probably put it up for sale

Thanks John, that's a good one to add for sure.

Beadhead, It's 1962

Sounds like it was well deserved Jack.

That's great you had her inscribe his name. I have a 2nd edition dated Nov 1952.

Nice man. Seems your work speaks for itself.

Thanks guys, I felt honored that she felt that I was a good home for that book.

I'd say she gave you a real compliment by giving you that wonderful book. You'll read and re-read it, for sure.

Back