Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A Fly Rod of Your Own (John Gierach)

This is Gierach's latest collection of his articles from FR&R and other magazines. As with his most recent books, this is mainly a compilation of fishing trips he has taken to Labrador and elsewhere. Most pieces are similar, with Gierach meeting someone and they then go to "X" stream and catch some fish.
Gierach's writing is good, and if you like travel pieces and Gierach's writing style, you will probably enjoy this book. You can spread the reading out over a number of evenings. Do not expect it to be the quality of Gierach's early books (eg. Rat Lake), though.
I think you can find it as cheap as $12.75 plus $3.99 mailing on the Internet, though I used my wife's Barnes and Noble discount to get it almost this cheaply.
Rating? I'd give it about a 3 out of 5, mainly because it is nicely written.

Posted on: 5/12 10:56

Re: A Fly Rod of Your Own (John Gierach)

I have just finished it. Its Gierach- but more emphasis on float planes and far away trips. It's an evolution. I enjoyed it but I have to agree with rrt- I enjoyed less than his other books. And It was free at the library. I have not bought a fly fishing book in years - except Trout boomers book.

Posted on: 9/27 18:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com