"Heart of the driftless"

Cornholio

Cornholio

This is a film by robert thompson that pertains to the driftless region of the midwest. It looks really good. There is a trailer on you tube that is worth checking out ( if interested).

Its a bonus feature on the reverb dvd. I think.

The "Reverb" and "Thunder River" will be bonus features on this DVD (Atleast that's what is mentioned on the you tube channel.) Who knows though it may have been changed. In any event i am planning on getting this DVD, it looks awesome.

Sorry for this being a first post but I saw the thread and I'm curious about the dvd.

Did you end up getting it? If so, thoughts?

I'm on the fence but I'd like to see the full version of Reverb, the rest looks interesting as well.

I have always wanted to fish this are of the country.The trailor looks great. I plan on getting a copy. I would be curious to other's opinions as well.
Here is a link to the website:
http://thirdyearflyfisher.com/

No i haven't got it yet, but i will post a review when i do.

Hmmmm, you guys are going to force me to get it!

I did find a review on the Bugslinger site. Though his review is positive, it seems to add to the confusion. He makes it sound like HOTD is on the film tour when I thought it was Reverb. Anyway, I'd put up a link but it might seem spammy...

Maybe I'll pull the trigger on the dvd this weekend.

I don't own a lot of these kind of dvd's so I can't speak to everyones taste...but wow! I decided to buy the three pack which is Night of the Hex, Musky County and Heart of the Driftless.

Again, for my tastes Heart of the Driftles is excellent. I like that fact that the driftless area is the focal point but the two features come at it from two completely different angles. Heart is a straight up documentary about the area and those who protect, restore and fish it. It's beautiful to watch, I love the camera work, it has a great sound track and though I've never been to the area, he does an amazing job of making you feel like your there...if that makes sense.

Reverb is everything I hoped it would be after I saw the trailer. I'm not a big punk rock guy but I was interested in the story...and it delivers, very very cool piece. It'about the band, their history, the punk scene the ups and downs and their passion for fly fishing in the driftless. Heck, the singer even started a fly rod company. I checked out their website...pretty cool. I like these kind of stories. It's not always about far off places and big fish.

There is also another feature and some extras on the dvd that I haven't gotten to yet.

Musky Country...wow! I'm not a musky guy and probably never will be but it doesn't matter. I heard a lot about this dvd and now I know why. This might be one of the best dvd's I've ever seen.
I know this one has been out for a while but if you have a chance to see it I would highly suggest that you do. There is a lot of passion, a lot of content and pure goodness in the is dvd!

I haven't gotten to the Hex dvd yet. It's short at 32 minutes but I'm lookng forward to seeing it. I've fished the Hex one time in Michigan many years ago and unfortunately it didn't come together but thats the fun in chasing bugs.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble but I think these are all great dvd's. I can only imagine the work that must go into them. I was also impressed that the invoice inside the package icluded a hand written note thanking me for the purchase. I thought that was very cool so I emailed Robert and got a very nice response back.

So again, this is just my opinion but I would highly recommend any of his dvd's.

Musky country changed my direction in fly fishing. I was a brooky guy. Now if the fish doesnt have inch long teeth and bunkle your knees when it tags ya. I dont wanna fish for 'em. After you connect on your 1st your hooked.

Good to know and as tempting as it is...

I'm just a simple trout guy so for my tastes I think I'd rather try the Driftless area first then maybe one day Northern Wisconsin for musky... :)

Back