wild trout nirvana

trowpa

trowpa

I took a trip with my wife yesterday to an undisclosed area not too far from my home in the lehigh valley. She went letterboxing, I scouted fishing spots...

I started the afternoon at a well known stream...no sooner did I hike past the swimmers and worm-dunkers than a huge thunderstorm rolled in..

So wife and I drove to another area she wanted to letterbox in and we waited out the rain...this other area happened to be along a tributary to the first well-known stream. I thought "what the heck" so as the rain slowed, I started exploring...

What I found was some of the most beautiful scenery, most interesting pocket water, and some GREAT wild trout fishing. In the 2 hours I was there I caught 7 fish ranging from 4 to 10 inches...missed just as many.

I think i fish too many "city" streams..i really needed this solitude and beauty.

Between the scenery and the hiking and the fish, my soul was replenished and my love for the sport (no, art!) tripled.

Below are a few of the fish - no pictures of the stream - this one is just too special to share on the net :)

It's amazing what you can find when you aren't really looking for it!

you can get showed the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right! happy trails

freestoned1234 wrote:
you can get showed the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right! happy trails

most definitely

Congrats,

Variety (of streams, I mean) is perhaps my favorite part about this sport. I'm not so much of a "home pool" kind of guy.

Keep exploring, you'll be surprised what you find just about anywhere. By the way, if you get this in time, I'll be out somewhere tomorrow afternoon and you're welcome to join, hadn't yet decided on where. I'm in Pittsburgh now, but headed back in the morning, probably arrive shortly after lunch and then try to hit somewhere. You have my cell, feel free to call as I probably won't check the message board.

Back