went for a bike ride, took a fishin' pole.

T

tomitrout

locked and loaded.
IMGP0454-L.jpg

pedaling into the evening.
IMGP0466-L.jpg

climbing into the dark.
IMGP0471-L.jpg

breakfast, coffee & oats.
IMGP0477-L.jpg

first of the day, wee native brookie.
IMGP0480-L.jpg

game on.
IMGP0484-L.jpg

what an amazing wild brown for this stream!
IMGP0490-L.jpg

oh, hello there.
IMGP0495-L.jpg

up in the next pool, pretty good size for
having parr marks yet, must be lots of
good eats in this stream to feed these browns.
Funny that weren't many brookies in this pool...
IMGP0503-L.jpg

and the WTF!? catch of the day, for the
TRIFECTA!!! I don't know the last time
this stream was stocked, but this 'bow
sure seemed wild to me, couldn't get
a decent hero shot, fiesty! longs way
away if stocked, have never ever ever
caught a 'bow in this stream gonna do
some research...what a day!
IMGP0500-L.jpg

and one more brookie.
IMGP0511-L.jpg

buh bye.
IMGP0517-L.jpg

the stream.
IMGP0518-L.jpg

re-loaded.
IMGP0529-L.jpg

a bit of trail.
IMGP0530-L.jpg

some scenery.
IMGP0541-L.jpg

the road home.
IMGP0546-L.jpg

boy, the beer(s) sure taste good right now.
:-D

Awesome. That's what it's all about.

Nice, but can someone show us the "Jogger hatch " on the Lehigh?

Looks like a good time. That brown sure is a monster.

Nice pictorial!

Pete, I tried to get a picture of a smokin blond that showed up when we were hanging in the parking lot, but it seemed to obvious LOL

Looks like you had a blast, well done!

This reminds me, I need to pull out the bike once and awhile.

Amazing brown trout!

:) Thanks for sharing

awesome, best thread I've seen in a while. What a brown! Nice brookies, sweet underwater shots. That is indeed what it's all about, I bet you had a great time....especially if you were by yourself.

That wild brownie was an absolute beast. Dreaming of the day I catch one like that on a small stream!

Killer photos! Im startin' to crack up. How come I can't seem to find a place like this. I'M LOSIN' IT :evil:

Nice day out on the water . You have that bike more tricked out than pewee Herman LOL

Awesome thread!! i really like the 11th pic. Did you measure the brown? if you didnt, who cares?!! awesome fish.

Sweet brown

Nice post Tomi. My bike looks much the same and has been collecting dust for a couple years now.

thanks everybody....I dunno though, Pee Wee sure had a sweet ride. :lol:

yeah, that brown, she's got a sweet home for sure, a nice deeply undercut rootball surrounded by plenty of water (good hunting grounds)...saw her previously when she tried to munch on a chub I'd just caught on a dry, that was an eye opener!

the rainbow really has me perplexed though, sure was a clean looking fish in water that hasn't been stocked in who knows how long. I've caught a couple fingerling browns up in there, so the big one didn't surprise me too much, and has me thinking about a few other holes...but the rainbow??? I'd expect to catch a tiger out of there before a 'bow....and that fish had the most unique spot pattern, of which I missed getting a picture. Sparsely spotted all over, but a unique 'scar' of spots just above the shoulder/gill plate, sort of like a healed heron strike you see on some survivors...

The brown though, she sure was a real beauty, belly had a hint of orange, similar to a really subdued brookie tint, maybe from her diet? :) didn't get a real good measurement, but from laying her against my arm, 18" for sure if not to 19".

TYoung, I'm over in the Great Valley...

finally... a thread worth reading. Big ups dude.

Very nice pictures. What camera are you using?

Nice pictures. I ride my bike to the stream as often as I can.

Back