Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: testing the drone

From Sinking Spring, PA
I recall seeing something about the FAA banning the commercial use of drones so you may want to look into that. Pretty cool footage!

Posted on: 4/9 19:13

From Philadelphia, PA
Quote:

steveo wrote:
I recall seeing something about the FAA banning the commercial use of drones so you may want to look into that. Pretty cool footage!

Was recently overturned by the courts. They say FAA has no jurisdiction.

Posted on: 4/9 19:51

From Sinking Spring, PA
Glad to hear that! We don't need the government telling us we can't do even more stuff.

Posted on: 4/9 20:48

From Montgomery, PA
yeah I was worried about that because like I said I have 2 golf courses that want to use it as advertisement.. and I was kind of upset that I wasn't going to be able to do it for them.. then the court denied it..

on a separate note, im not sure why all of you are hellbent on shooting it down with #6 lol. its not like any of you will ever get to see it as I wont ever fly it in public unless I know Im in control of the crowd watching and obvious permission is given

for now ill save it for backpack trips and private property

Posted on: 4/9 21:44

I was saying, if I owned one of those toys, someone in my neck of the woods would shoot it down.

Posted on: 4/9 21:49
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Montgomery, PA
I get people all the time now asking me about using it for duck and goose hunting.. I would think that for how noisy it is, that it wouldn't work, and one of my dumb friends or family members would shoot it...

Quote:

BrookieChaser wrote:
I was saying, if I owned one of those toys, someone in my neck of the woods would shoot it down.

Posted on: 4/9 21:56

I would think ducks would spook too easily. They're like turkeys in my experience.

Posted on: 4/9 21:59
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Montgomery, PA
yep. sure would.. so for now all I can do is "stage" hunting scenarios if contacted about it.. oh well.. I just really want to do the fishing thing with it, and if anything else comes about cool.. but don't expect to see me in a police report with it.. (knock on wood) lol

Quote:

BrookieChaser wrote:
I would think ducks would spook too easily. They're like turkeys in my experience.

Posted on: 4/9 22:01

From Dauphin PA
Swet video. Fly that thing down the letort about 6" above the surface and count the dust clouds from freaked out fish.

Posted on: 4/11 21:32

From Luzerne County, PA
Can you tie a leader to it and drop a nymph?

Posted on: 4/12 17:09

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com