summer stockings

h0ll0whill

h0ll0whill

Almost everytime i go to the Lil Lehigh and speaking with other anglers i hear that they stock it. Just yesterday someone said that they stocked it last weekend. I see on the PFBC page they list spring and fall stockings but i don't see anywhere to find when and where summer time stocking happens? I heard that local clubs are also stocking...

Are these stocking just rumors or are they really happening and how can you find out when they are happening?

bill is lying to you. they did not "just stock down by the covered bridge." he simply wants you to leave where you're at.

suggest instead the fish on that stream taste better. its great fun.

lol-done it myself

Probably private clubs or TU stockings. Be sure to find out and help them if they need it. They may not want you to see where they plant them, though.

gfen wrote:

bill is lying to you. they did not "just stock down by the covered bridge." he simply wants you to leave where you're at.

suggest instead the fish on that stream taste better. its great fun.

^ this.

Personnally i don't care if they stocked it or not. I enjoy just getting out, observing, and learning as much as i can to become a better angler. Getting into fish is a bonus!

As far as that bill guy... if he isn't fishing.. i guess i can see why he does it.. but as long as anglers are following the rules.. he can **** off!

Just find it annoying that people have to lie, especially when they were once trying to learn the stream also. If any angler comes up to me, i give them the honest truth and try to help them as much as possible. Would only hope i get the same in return.

I read threads here about how fly fishing is becoming a lost art but trying to learn is very difficult and i can see why it's not catching on with this kinda behavior.

These summer stockings on the LL are from the trout nursery on the LL,they have been doing it for ages.They don't publish where or when but they generally happen in late May and June after they have their "fishing contest".The fish are all two year old trout so they are nice size but bec ause most are caught soon after they are stocked they don't add much to the population.Most are stocked in the LL but they also stock the Jordan,in fact I heard a rumor that they stocked the middle Jordan recently,which is really stupid because that area's water will be very warm now.

JackM wrote:
Probably private clubs or TU stockings. Be sure to find out and help them if they need it. They may not want you to see where they plant them, though.

Sorry, but to my knowledge there isn't a TU chapter in the valley that stocks trout and certainly not a wild trout stream like the LL. There is a private hatchery right on the LL and the summer stockings come from them or another local fishing club but TU does not stock it.

I was at the hatchery a few weeks ago with the kids. They were in the process of moving fish from the raceway into one of the larger holding tanks. When they were done they loaded 3-4 5 gal buckets with fish and headed out to stock them in the creek. And no, I didn't follow the truck!

JackM wrote:

Do these private clubs or TU chapters have their own, small private trout farms or do they work with local hatcheries?

Back