some steelhead questions

jabink84

jabink84

alright guys i have a few questions to ask. I am currently in idaho for college and will be home around chirstmas. I would really like to head up to erie and do some steelhead fishing. I have gone before but always in the fall. are any of the tribs better than others during this time. I will be taking my best friend who is getting into fly fishing so i would love to get into a few. not a major issue if we dont catch alot. any suggestions for flies? thanks in advance

Same as fall except it will be colder and you won't have to deal with leaves. Fish are generally less active, but can still be readily caught with the same techniques you used in the fall.

Kev

Small egg patterns and nymphs... nothing too crazy... depending on temps some small streamers but again that depends on temps

try a white zonker or bunny leech white or a natural rabbit

winter is my favorite time on the tribs. love when the tribs get the run off color. single eggs and spawn/meth. Streamers worked slow and on the bottom.

Depends on flow conditions like it always does up there. I had my best day ever steelheading around New Year's Eve several years ago.

Back