Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »

Re: seen anything strange, wierd, or creepy while flyfishing in pa

From Philadelphia
http://articles.mcall.com/2010-01-26/ ... ek-bushkill-creek-coroner

usually fish there a lot but not anymore after this news. feel like the remains are still in the water.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 10:43

From SEPA
OH COME ON!

You people are killing.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 10:46

From Johnstown, PA
A friend and I , while driving along rt 56 , between Wolfsburg and Cessna in Bedford county , heading west , to the left at the top of a far off field along the horizon saw an animal to this day we both swear was a mountain lion , we both saw it for about five minutes trotting along against the backlit sky and we both turned and said to each other at exactly the same time "Looks like a cat" At first glance i thought it was a horse and said so but then i said "no it's not a horse , too low to the ground" This was around a time when there were many reported sightings but they were all "Debunked" by the Game Commission as large house cats and such. I can't say 100% that I'm sure that's what it was but it sure did look to me like one.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 10:49

A couple of years ago, I was on a local Pa. stream and saw large numbers of huge brown trout devouring insects the size of hummingbirds, in mass quantities.

"Impossibly bad-ass" is the most accurate way that I could hope to sum up the experience.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 13:04

From Pgh
In over 30 years of fishing, in addition to the naked bathing beauties, love makers, dope growers and woods partiers, I've seen some really strange stuff. Here are the ones that immediately come to mind:

In the late 80's, two incidents on Dunbar Creek
1) Moonshiner who crashed his flatbed on Dunbar Creek Road... stoned out of his mind.

2) Toothless, Deliverance-type character trying to sell me a sheath knife, again on Dunbar Creek.

Also about 15 years ago I saw a bird hopping on lily pads at Lake Arthur attacked and eaten by either a pike or muskie... very unsettling.

More recently...

1) Earlier this year, I saw two grey squirrels --side-by-side -- swimming across the lower Yough. They swam within feet of me.

2) Last year I saw a "balloon" floating in a back bay at Lake Arthur... it was a blown-up condom.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 13:44

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Quote:
Last year I saw a "balloon" floating in a back bay at Lake Arthur... it was a blown-up condom.

most likely belonged to the stoners...

Posted on: 2010/12/14 13:50

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Enola, Pa.
Quote:

NoMoreCornChuckin wrote:
Paul, was that "exhibitionist" a long haired brunette up around the Quarry in Lemont?

Russ
No, down at the handicap ramp. Her and husband/ boyfriend were in a car from Maryland, at the time of the show he was up stream fishing.

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/12/14 14:02

From Enola, Pa.
Quote:

dkile wrote:
Back in the early 90's saw an animal running along the stream. Sleaker and more nimble than a groundhog, bigger than a weasel and smaller than otter. As it turned out the State had released some Fishers in the region during that time and must have been one. Not sure if any are left or anything more about the program.

Certainly a rare find. Still would love to see a bobcat some day.

Dave

Pad and I was a bobcat, one evening on the road from Woodward to Coburn, something you don't see all the time!

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/12/14 14:10

From pennsylvania
i saw a loysburg youth arrow a "carp" within 30 feet of where i was fishing that turned out to be one of donnie b's pellet fed 20" plus rainbows.
when he reeled it in, he was shocked and looked at me and said "oh, s$#t" then dropped it back in the water and ran up to his car and hightailed it outa there.
i just laughed my ass off

Posted on: 2010/12/14 14:48

From Montgomery County
Good stuff, but gut's takes the cake. That one got me going...

Posted on: 2010/12/14 15:27

From York County
Back in high school I used to have USGS topo maps of the area in Northeastern Pa I lived in. I would look for small lakes and marshes on the map that were a half mile or more from the road and hike in and fish them with a spin rod for bass and perch and pickerel.

I accidentally caught the biggest most beautiful 14" brook trout in a beaver pond on a silver ratt'l Trap while fishing for bass. This was before my fly fishing evolution. I released the brookie and the very next cast I snagged my Ratt'l trap on an overhanging limb and snapped the line leaving it dangling abve the water. I tried to cast to it and somehow hook it and retrieve it and even tried to throw stones and knock it loose. Meanwhile I started hearing this yipping barking sound getting closer. Now imagine I'm deep in a dark forest of dense hemlocks next to a large beaver dam. I ran and jumped the stream below the dam and continued running up the hill until I was to the dirt road not wanting to stick around.

The next day I went back with my pellet rifle, shot the line my lure was dangling from, then cast out and retrieved the lure. I just had this paranoid spooky feeling like something was watching me. As I crossed the tiny stream to make my way out of the woods their was a fresh eaten deer kill not 30 yards from where I was fishing the previous day. Only a rib cage and scattered pink bones remained with little bits of meat on them.

I had never gone back to this area of woods again, I avoided it like the plague. Several months later on a cold fall night my buddy and I walked along the dirt road in this area of woods each carrying a backpack full of beer. We were making a 5 mile walk to a nearby party. We were surrounded by coyotes in pitch dark as we walked we could hear them getting closer and closer towards the edge of the road on either side. Just in time my friend CJ came down the road in his Blazer and they all scattered. Lots of coyotes up there. After that, I've always carried a substantial knife on me or a good striking implement.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 21:45

From Cumberland
When i go to Clarks I always see the same Fisher in the C&R section.

Posted on: 2010/12/15 5:56

From North Central PA
2 large lartillery shells in the Lackawanna River near Olyphant. A finger with a west point military class ring still afixed to it in the Sugar Creek.

An irrigated pot field on Ives Run in Tioga, PA... and the best one: Invited to fish for brookies on the boundary of a nudist camp. (I brought my binoculars on that trip).

Posted on: 2010/12/15 6:59

From Johnstown, PA
roosters...............When was the last time you saw the Fisher on Clarks? I also used to see him all the time in the C n R section but the last few times i was there i didn't. It's been 6 years since i fished Clarks.

Posted on: 2010/12/15 7:00

From Enola, Pa.
Guy

Sorry to say I have never seen the Fisher on Clarks, wish I had! What section of the C&R section do you guys see it?

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/12/15 7:46

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com