Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

Re: seen anything strange, wierd, or creepy while flyfishing in pa

A few years back I pulled a guy out of the Yough. He just dived head first from High Bridge in Ohiopyle. 105 feet from the deck to the water. Got him to shore,still hanging on to me he said" You know i cant do anything right today, i cant even kill myself. Have carried a 357 ever since.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 17:19

From Jonestown, PA
That's crazy, Tomb.

I stumbled across an adult movie being filmed once @ Lebanon reservoir on the dam walkway, two blonde women, was a good day.

Saw one of those sparrow hawks attacking a raccoon and trying to fly away with it, that was pretty amusing.

On Big Pine this spring was in a march brown hatch and managed to snag two duns on my fly while picking my line off the water.

And this spring @ the reservoir my friend and I were walking back the railroad bed and saw a guy ahead of us on his bike pounding a bottle of wine.. lost his balance and went down the bank into the water. We helped him out and only then I noticed that it was my dads best friend who I also knew.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 17:31

Some pretty cool stories. I have knocked Birds into the river all summer while casting. Some kind of rare Egyptian bird or something. I have to throw them in the air after to get them to fly. Its kinda cool, i feel like a magician.

http://yfrog.com/afbirdatriverj

Parents friends were boating at Pymatuning Here in PA. She looked over the boat and seen a body floating with its eyes all messed up. I dont think I could handle that.

My Dad was gardening over the summer and found this. My neighbor fishes also and I guess an animal brought it into my dads garden from his house.

http://yfrog.com/5rfoundinbackyardgrasscutj

Posted on: 2010/12/13 17:50

From New Castle, PA
Quote:

Pennkev -

The spot I was fishing is about 4 miles upstream of the connellsville water supply dam. Would seem really crazy to dump insecticide in the river there?

I thought at the time that maybe it was a training to douse a wildfire or something

Yough's on the list to get sprayed....

Blackfly Article

This article also explains what exactly they spray with. Doesn't sound as bad as it could be. It looks like the DEP is in charge of the spraying.

Kev

Posted on: 2010/12/13 18:51

From Bozeman

Posted on: 2010/12/13 19:00

From SEPA
Quote:

tomb wrote:
. Have carried a 357 ever since.

What, to finish 'em off?

Posted on: 2010/12/13 19:05

From Cumberland
Once on the connie i was fly fishing for small mouths and saw a groundhog standing 10 feet away from me. It was staring at me for 10 minutes. I cam back 2 weeks later and saw bones haha

Posted on: 2010/12/13 19:18

From Chicago
I love these threads!

1stfly, a while back there was an article about feet in shoes being found all over the Pacific Northwest, hope they're not going to start turning up in PA:

http://outsideonline.com/culture/2009 ... mbia-crime-mystery-1.html

Posted on: 2010/12/13 19:32

From New Castle, PA
Quote:

jayL wrote:
Pennsylvania, in the United States, operates the largest single black fly control program in North America. The program is seen as beneficial to both the quality of life for residents and to the state's tourism industry.

Waste.

Of.

Money.

On a side note, there is a section of the book "Micropatterns" devoted to black flies and their imitations.

Kev

Posted on: 2010/12/13 19:34

From Pittsburgh
Pennkev -

Pretty interesting. So, a state that has serious budgeting problems is spending 6.8 million dollars spraying blackflies. Amazing.

Tomb -

I would nominate your encounter on the yough with the potential suicide victim, as the strangest encounter story so far. Just wondering - did you start fishing again afterward?

Posted on: 2010/12/13 20:14

From Clinton County, Pa.
I chased a Bald Eagle out of my fishing hole one time up on Little Pine Creek. He flew up into a tall branch and watched me fish for two hours. LOL! He was still sitting there when I left.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 20:41

From Greensburg, PA
Does the Jam count?

Posted on: 2010/12/13 20:44

From Berks
I just remembered a time when I was fishing with a spinner. A goose flew down and landed on my line and a second a second later gave out a "HONK" and started to fly off.

WHHRRRRRR went the reel and I spent the next couple minutes trying to reel in a pissed off goose, before he broke off.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 20:54

www.flyfishinado.blogspot.com Fly Fishing Blog

From Jonestown, PA
Lol, Gfen.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 20:59

From New Castle, PA
I once had a double whammy in regard to fishing trip weirdness. It was a few years back during buck season. I had walked in to a fishing spot along a well defined trail. On the way back nature's call became to much to handle. Now, I had seen a hunter earlier on the trail but I hadn't seen anyone for hours and I really had to go so I took a quick look around and ducked behind the largest tree I could find. Half way through my business I hear a bunch of noise on the other side of the tree. I peek around and there is a freaking Amish kid with a rifle. So this kid sees me, and it's pretty obvious I'm pissing on the other side of the tree. He stares at me for a few seconds and then turns around and looks in the other direction. He stays there the whole time. He was literally on the other side of the tree. He was so close I could have easily hit him with my...... ......fly rod.

After I finish up I ask him if he had seen any deer. "Nope" Ok whatever kid, you're creepy and I'm outta here.

On the way back to the car I notice from a ways off that there is another car parked right next to mine. Hmmmm, OK it is a popular fishing spot and it is hunting season. About, 50yds off I hear laughing and giggling. I knew exactly what was going on. Sure enough as I walk by, there's a naked couple staring at me from their back seat.

But at least I didn't find a dead body. So that's good.

Kev

Posted on: 2010/12/13 21:36

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com