opening day in potter

flipnfly

flipnfly

im making a trip to potter co for the opening day and i havent been there since i was 6 or 7 are there any suggestions of waters i should fish i was planning on hitting first fork fishing creek and maybe kettle or pine and there is a possibility of fishing potato over in mckean co and hopefully ill have a day tp explore for natives

Just keep moving until you find some space. It'll be crowded. I usually hit Kettle then the little stuff in the after noon.

IF the weather is nice up there there will be anglers everywhere so you may have to move around like TG says. For my money I find some out of the way small wild trout stream that's obscure and fish there, except the last 4 years there was guys crawling all over them too.

places like Wilson Creek or Sand Run in Tioga won't be bad opening day. Every well else will be crowded as always. Sinnemahoning might be a good spot to look though.

eh crowds dont bother me too much im used to fishing like the the first 2 days i was planning on first fork im sure it will be jammed maybe even freeman run or lyman run ill probably do some scouting the day before in between fishing fishing dhalo and ffo sections and ill always keep my eyes on those little out of the way streams im mean if worse comes to worse and i hook someone i guess i should take my bait set up

Back