new here.

J

JEEP99

I am a new member here but have been flyfishing for over 20 years.I am mostly new to computers and figured it was tim eto get on board with the rest of the world.Found this site and it looks real nice and informative.Hope fully can get into these forum things some and maybe learn some more.

what part of the state are you in?

Welcome aboard,computers are not my strong piont either,but i get by,you will learn some good stuff on here.
tight lines,
Don

Hey Jeep99, welcome aboard. This is a great place with lots of good information and great people.

From the Eastern part of the state.Between Hazleton and Bloomsburg.

Welcome aboard Jeep you will love this place beleive me!!!!

Welcome Jeep, good to have ya here :cool:

Welcome

Welcome Jeep from one newb to another!

Jeep,

I live in SHamokin and have been debating where to go on Catawissa Creek, can you give any guidance?

i wish we could fish Catawissa Creek.It is A dead creek because of acid mine water.If you mean Little Catawissa Creekthe best place to go is on trout run road going toward Zion Grove.Lots of private land so you have to be careful though.

Dear jeep,

Welcome!

Are you sure Catawissa Creek is still dead?

In 2005 I stood right where it comes out of the mine portal west of Hazleton outside of Sheppton and watched a contractor from Scranton begin the digging to install a liming device similar to what the Doc Fritchey TU here in Harrisburg has on the upper reaches of Stony Creek but on a much larger scale.

It was like a $ 7 or 8,000,000.00 job. They were building a pad for a huge liming device. The contractor on the job was JT, Jim, O'Hara out of Scranton if my memory serves me correct? If you are from up that way you'd recognize the green Mack's with the gold lettering on the door. I didn't sell him anything but he was one heck of a nice guy, and I always hoped the job he was working on was successful.

Anyway, welcome again!
Tim Murphy

From what I have been told there was a problem about 2 years ago with some flooding doing a lot of damage at the area where they put the pools for the lime.A friend of mine who is an avid flyfisher also has the catawissa creek run through his back says that there are starting to see some hatches come off but still has seen no fish at all.One of his neighbors ,who is with the catawissa creek restoration group says it is getting closer but still not ready.

In a magazine that my wife gets I believe it's pennsylvania something. It stated that someone caught 4 nice brookies near the bridge at Zions Grove.

Here's a link to the same guy: http://www.orangewaternetwork.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=176

I don't know the exact spot that he is talking about but it could be worth looking in to.

Dear jeep,

Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, or Wrangler? How you answer will determine if I keep talking to you! ;-)

If you are from near Hazleton and my good buddy is from Weatherley then maybe we can meet up and go fishing sometime?

I'll do trout, I'll do bass, and I'll do sunnies, I'm not proud.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

cherokee,used to be cj-7 years ago but kids came along .you fish the lehigh i assume if you are going to weatherly?I am also like you right now it is mostly trout but by the end of may it is mostly bass and bluegills for me.

Welcome from a displaced Keystoner.

Back