looking for people to float with

G

gino_454

anyone out there need someone too pontoon with??? i plan on floating the Lehigh river and Pohopoco creek alot this year...so if ur interested let me know. any other places to float i'd be interested too

I'll certainly be floating the Lehigh this year quite a bit and probably try floating the Po some too (I've only waded it previously.)

Gino, I hope to float it many times as well. I am not sure you are allowed to float the Po because of the private property and it not being navigate able waters.

Ryan don't forget me when you want to take out the 2 man Scadden :)

LRSABecker wrote:
Gino, I hope to float it many times as well. I am not sure you are allowed to float the Po because of the private property and it not being navigate able waters.

Ryan don't forget me when you want to take out the 2 man Scadden :)

No worries man, I won't. I can't wait until the hatches start in earnest.

Ya I see floating the Lehigh as few times. I can't imagine floating the Po. That's a bit overkill imo.

You are pretty close the D. West Branch and Main Stem floats are pretty awesome. Just be sure to decline any float offers from a guy named Andy.

I don't know... That Andy guy can catch an ever-elusive Yuengling fish! I saw him do it on the Big J last summer :-D

jdaddy wrote:
Ya I see floating the Lehigh as few times. I can't imagine floating the Po. That's a bit overkill imo.

Buy a spare 'toon, ktnx.

wgmiller wrote:
I don't know... That Andy guy can catch an ever-elusive Yuengling fish! I saw him do it on the Big J last summer :-D

I am quite sure he actually LOST a Yuengling fish out of his creel. BTW gfen, that Andy guy has an extra boat.

jdaddy wrote:
wgmiller wrote:

I am quite sure he actually LOST a Yuengling fish out of his creel. BTW gfen, that Andy guy has an extra boat.

I've been warned to not float with him on this website.

I'd like to undertake this trip. We should set something up. I think I'm prepared, physically, for epic 14 hour float days.

You realize it is more than 15 miles away, right?

But seriously, I am sure there will be plenty of D floats this year, as well as the on topic Lehigh floats. Regarding the Lehigh, remember Scadden IS whitewater rated!

jdaddy wrote:

But seriously, I am sure there will be plenty of D floats this year, as well as the on topic Lehigh floats. Regarding the Lehigh, remember Scadden IS whitewater rated!

From Glen Onoko downstream to Lehigh Gap you really don't need to worry about a stout whitewater-rated boat. Scadden's are class IV and V, and from Glen Onoko downstream there are only two rapids that depending upon flow are either Class II or simple Class III, everything else is class I or II. I did the Glen Onoko to Bowmanstown in my Creek Company ODC pontoon, it's rated for Class II, no problem though. I mean unless some of you guys are really inept at floating, its not that hard to do this stretch. If walking and chewing gum is a struggle, well then....

The gorge between Glen Onoko upstream to White Haven is the real whitewater: steady diet of hard class III, IV, V.

RyanR wrote:
jdaddy wrote:

From Glen Onoko downstream to Lehigh Gap you really don't need to worry about a stout whitewater-rated boat. Scadden's are class IV and V, and from Glen Onoko downstream there are only two rapids that depending upon flow are either Class II or simple Class III, everything else is class I or II. I did the Glen Onoko to Bowmanstown in my Creek company ODC pontoon, it's rated for Class II.

Ya, it was a joke. Apparently not well crafted.

I would be up for a float anytime. I live in the lancaster area and am always up for a trip...i have two toons so if someone doesn't have one they can borrow mine for the day

pennsadventures wrote:
I would be up for a float anytime. I live in the lancaster area and am always up for a trip...i have two toons so if someone doesn't have one they can borrow mine for the day

Little J would be awesome with a good flow, imo.

gino, you might want to send Squaretail a message. He recently got a pontoon and has not gotten it wet yet. He's Hell's a fun to fish with too, just be prepared to "Humbled"!

I'm up for a float on the Big L. Sounds like you could organize a float jam. Hint, hint.

I have wanted to Organize a float Jam on the Lehigh, BUT prime time is mid May through June. How many guys are going to want to come and fish it, when the MEGA jam is that same time.

If I get enough willing guys I will run something.

ok guys any one up too floating i'm free whenever...i really don't wanna start floating until sometime in mid-may tho...i always see people floating on the poho...certain parts of course u may have to walk thru, but alot of it is floatable...maybe the best part is about 2 or 3 miles upstream from where it enters the lehigh, there is a dry damn above that stretch.

on the lehigh from glen onoko down is where i'm thinking of floating that as to see the gorge part ur gonna be doin more whitewater rafting instead of fishing...i also think from the dam down to the gorge is good to float. def keep me in mind if u wanna float...my facebook page is facebook.com/ginofernandez111 and my e-mail is gino_454@yahoo.com...might be easier too keep and get in contact with thru there. def lookin forward to some trips and meeting some good anglers. also open to floating some new places, so let's not limit it to the lehigh and pohopoco...i just listed those 2 bcuz i'm close to the area and that's where i'll be floating most often. damn i wish i could get out there now.

I tried to do one on penns in april or may and no one wanted to do it. i even talked my parents into cooking lunch for us cause they live on the stream in weikert. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing one there too

gino_454 wrote:
ok guys any one up too floating i'm free whenever...i really don't wanna start floating until sometime in mid-may tho...i always see people floating on the poho...certain parts of course u may have to walk thru, but alot of it is floatable...maybe the best part is about 2 or 3 miles upstream from where it enters the lehigh, there is a dry damn above that stretch.

Is pohotoposoco considered a navigable water way? There are posted sections, included cabled sections that would result in trespassing. I think floating is for accessing inaccessible areas. There are just too many areas to wade into with adequate parking for me to justify floating the Po.

Back