little lehigh

jlsmithii

jlsmithii

fished the little lehigh for the first time today. what a beautiful stream.

also stopped by the little lehigh fly shop. i must admit, prior to today, i had mostly heard negative about this place. today, though, i had a good experience there. rod was helpful and stopped to talk to me both as i was walking in and out.

what can i say, my preconceived notions were wrong. i'd go back to the little lehigh fly shop.

The tricos will be starting soon. That's usually a pretty fun time on the LL. Hit it on a Saturday morning and you'll need to pull a number like you were waiting in line at the deli counter.

How was the fishing?

sounds as if i can do without the trico circus

fishing was slow but fun

Hi Joe - Really enjoyed fishing with you and Tom. Hope the buffet agreed with you. Don't worry about the Tricos - I'll take you guys to the good spot for Tricos. You guys had me a little worried when you didn't follow me to the turnpike, but that way is just as good. The turn in to the Home Depot was interesting as well! :-D
Let me know if you ever want a tour of some of the other nice places to fish here in the Valley.......Ed

P.S. - Ever find that brassie?

jlsmithii wrote:
fished the little lehigh for the first time today. what a beautiful stream.

also stopped by the little lehigh fly shop. i must admit, prior to today, i had mostly heard negative about this place. today, though, i had a good experience there. rod was helpful and stopped to talk to me both as i was walking in and out.

what can i say, my preconceived notions were wrong. i'd go back to the little lehigh fly shop.

I've only been there once, but I was favorably impressed too.

I was with Pad when he was there. Everyone on the stream was trying to find the right insect the fish were feeding on. Pad came along and threw "da woim" out there and caught more fish than anyone else in the area.

I still have one that you shared that day.

John

ed,
i had a feeling you posted on this site. i haven't done much here but who knows. as for the fishing, it was an enjoyable trip.
sorry about any confusion with driving home. i was trying to follow you and tom's directions at the same time. luckly, we made it ok.
i'll definately have to take you up on your offer some time and no, i did not find the brassie (bad day for lost flies - handful of al's rats dropped and then the brassie). but then again, that's why you tie your own.

joe

Back