Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: is you favorite stream too low?

From Ferguson Twp.
Come on thunderstorms.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 6:46

just right, and nice dry fly action after I accidently pointed the car in the wrong direction yesterday...

Posted on: 2013/4/11 7:38

From Gettysburg
We could use some rain but things here in the south central are actually pretty nice and not what I'd consider worryingly low (yet).

Water temps, have however, skyrocketed very fast. Last week, they were still in the 30s around here. Yesterday evening I got a read of 66 degrees in Yellow Breeches!

Yep - very strange spring this has been.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 8:48

From down the block from the Letort.
yeah, flows seem decent for fishin' right now, but I'd feel better if they were more 'spring like' and running a bit higher.

Have been noticing lately that usually mucky spots along the Letort are kinda firm and not nearly as troublesome when sneaking into some of the less pressured meadows...didn't sink in past my ankles once last night where usually I'd expect to sink shin deep for at least a few swampy steps. Feels kinda 'dry' out there now, and considering it's only early April...

Posted on: 2013/4/11 9:13

From Chester County
Most of the streams are on the low side for spring, more like normal summer flows. The difference is, the water is still cool. In fact, the temps in some area streams are close to ideal for trout.

The fishing has been really good in many of the streams for FFers that scale down a bit with their flies and rigs, and remain stealthy.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 9:28

From NC PA Mountains
Pine Creek here in Galeton is very high & off color now. And with the rain coming today thru Sat it will be higher.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 9:31

From Perkasie PA
I was out last night at dusk on the EB Perk and it was extremely low, then the hail storm hit and it hammered rain for about 1.5 hours. I went out again at 10pm and it was about a foot higher and straight up mud.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 10:31

From Media, PA
Pretty much everything in the Southeast is low, though we got a slight bump last night. Before that most of the creeks were about half to 60% of there median flow. Some of the limestone waters were in better shape, though. Hoping for a nice steady rain on Fri. and wouldn't be upset if the regional "Opening Day'' got blown out. The fish get a break and possibly spread out a little more.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 16:08

From Butler, Pa
all the pieces are falling into to place to make next week unreal! idt anything will fish here in sw pa this weekend im hoping I can find some water up north to fish I know at least 3 streams will fish for the opener but not sure after that

Posted on: 2013/4/11 17:51

Be careful what you wish for.
I used to feel the way most of you do, but on stocked trout streams, don't you think it's nice for people to get outside on what may be their only day in the outdoors all year? It can be a nice day to spend with family, esp. kids. And, I think in most streams, the removal of the hatchery fish does no harm, since they'll eventually die anyhow. I used to sarcastically call people "one-day wonders," but I now hope they enjoy their time on the water. I do hope, however, they do not bank yank many wild fish, though I do realize it happens.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 20:11

From Media, PA
I don't wish for it to rain on anyone's parade if I may use that term, especially when kids and families are concerned. I would however like to see streams at least at average flow, so that fishermen can have at least a little challenge, as opposed to being able to see just about every fish in the stream. As for it being their only day on the water all year; seems like that's a personal choice. If you want to get kids or adults interested in fishing perhaps they should go out more than once. Around here, a blowout only insures the fishing will be good for a longer period of time, the removal of the hatchery fish means little as most of the streams are restocked a couple times.
So, here's to good flows and good fishing for all!

Posted on: 2013/4/11 20:45

From Butler, Pa
don't get me wrong I don't either, but I feel bad for the fish. ive always thought that there should be a 1st week of c&r to give everyone a fair shot at a good one or bunches of fish, then the ones just for harvesting can take them out the following week. everyone is happy ya know

Posted on: 2013/4/11 22:44

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
nope not any more, lots of water for weekend !!

Posted on: 2013/4/12 7:25

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Clearfield
Quote:

rrt wrote:
Be careful what you wish for.
I used to feel the way most of you do, but on stocked trout streams, don't you think it's nice for people to get outside on what may be their only day in the outdoors all year? It can be a nice day to spend with family, esp. kids. And, I think in most streams, the removal of the hatchery fish does no harm, since they'll eventually die anyhow. I used to sarcastically call people "one-day wonders," but I now hope they enjoy their time on the water. I do hope, however, they do not bank yank many wild fish, though I do realize it happens.

+1 Well said.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 7:31

I'm not convinced that what we wish for has any influence on the weather.

BTW, stream flows are higher than normal in some areas right now, but about average in other areas.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 7:47

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com