Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: how do they and why do they?

From lancaster county
your right chaz, there just spiders but i still hate them. been bit too many times by those guys and the right ones can make you pretty sick. not to mention the weird hybrid ones. you just never know. there not bugs.... there worse

Posted on: 2007/6/27 15:37

From Other side of the tracks
I've been bitten several times in the past, too, but not many since i was a kid. They usually won't bother you as long as they don't get inside your clothing, or you accidently grab one or start squashing one. I'm not all that fond of spiders either, but I dislike deer flies and mosquitoes even more. And since spiders eat those blood suckers, they are alright by me. They still give me the creeps when I walk through a web, but what can you do. I guess I got used to them when I kept a boat docked at a lake. Every time we went there we spent the first hour or so washing the spiders off the boat. It was a fairly big boat. We used to have a problem with them getting inside, but found the no pest strips kept the inside relatively bug and spider fee.

Every morning I have to tear down part of a web on the back doorway of my garage. We are practically on a first name basis. You would think he would get tired of that and move on. He is a big nasty looking spider, too. I know he is there, so he is not a problem as long as he doesn't move indoors.

Now garden spiders are cool. Big nasty looking things with that yellow pattern on them. Awesome webs, too. If I find them up near the house, I either leave them alone, or move them to the garden. Better than pesticides. Spiders in the house? That is where I draw the line. I haven’t established a tagging program, so there is usually no second chances for those.

Posted on: 2007/6/28 5:45

From Monessen, PA
I remember watching a spider put the finishing touches on an elaborate web, anchored between two trees. No sooner did he finish, I unhinged it from one of the trees and it all collapsed. I swear that I heard a very faint "sonofabiiiii...."

Posted on: 2007/6/28 6:00

From Enola, Pa.
A few years back i was wading under some trees, when a spider dropped down on the back of my neck. Im still bother today by the itching. I hate spiders and snakes!

Posted on: 2007/6/29 11:00

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com