gear stolen

J

jbff113060

here is my story last night i packed up my car..had my gear bag and chest pack and waders and a couple of rods..was meeting a friend and heading to yellow creek..well he doesn`t show..which is not like him at all..doesn`t answer his phone. so i just decide to go home don`t feel like fishing alone..as i unpack car bag and chest pack are gone.so if anyone heres of anything for sale, it was a green abel bag..in it were at least 3 reels a hardy princess,ross san miguel,and a marryat m7.5... not to mention sunglasses flies boxs my liscense..at retail about $4000..i live in penn hills..anyhelp would be appreciated..the san miguel..had mcfarland rod co. on it jeff

ouch that sux.a hardy and a marryatt,ouch.

probably stolen by some addict that doesn't realise how much their worth.they may be sold at some bar for $5 a piece.

i really feel for you.any rods missing?

you may be our first "FLY POOL"candidate.

Jeff,
I hope you somehow get your stuff back. My stuff isn't nearly as nice, but I would be devastated it someone stole some of it.
Good luck.

Contact your insurance agent some homeowners policies cover theft of property from cars. It's worth a call. It may not cover all of your loss but may help toward replacement. Good Luck

thanks for the replys..i hope i get it back..but i`m sure it`s gone forever..they did leave the waders and 2 rods..i do have a call into my insurance man...jeff

I am not following your story...Where was your car when it was stolen? Was it in your driveway over night or did it happen at the area where you had planned to meet your buddy?

We have had a rash of smash and grabs in our neighborhoods...actually not "smash" but people leave their cars unlocked in the driveway. There have been laptops stolen, GPS systems, purses, etc. Seems to be kids who open the door, take what they can carry easily and move on.

if they didn't take the rods and waders, they weren't fisherman and probably have zero interested in anything. My guess they ditch them in the woods somewhere along the road - probably keeping stupids things like the sunglasses
if it was me - I'd be scouring the area. Also get a police report for insurance purposes.

Sorry for your loss.

Watch ebay like a hawk. Check out local pawn shops in the area. Any teen age kids in the area?

It's just a shame that we live in a world that people will not leave their hands off things that are not theirs. I hope you get it back or at least you here someone bragging about their action, Good luck.

i heard from the insurance company friday..they are going to cover the loss...so it looks like i`ll be starting over..thanks for all the kind replys...jeff

Good to hear!!!! At least there wasn't too much loss other than sentimental.

Back