Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: fly fishing in 90 degree weather?
From Monessen, PA
I like dry underwear. Therefore, I do not wet wade. And, therefore, my breathable waders must be above my crotch. On a 90 degree day, I wade deeper-- problem solved. Or, wade the Yough tailwaters or any other cold stream and let the sub-60 degree water cool you, if it doesn't actually make you shiver.

I should add, in less cooling environments, I will wear shorts and thin sock under my breatables. This can be very refreshing, yet my underwear stays dry.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 18:54

From chester ct
pcray said: "What I do know is that you need a cut of some sort for the bacteria to enter, and I would assume the deeper and more open the wound, the worse your chances would be" - even mosquito bites are sufficient to let bad orgaisms get into your biggest organ (your skin). RodR at the old Lil Lehi Shop had to go to ER twice when he wet waded the Susky. He figured the infections started at the skeeter bites that he got at the shop.

tl
les

Posted on: 2013/5/30 19:26

From harlansburg
How the hell did i ever live past my teens, spent most of my childhood playing, swimming, and yes, even drinking from local streams!, Cuts and all! Maybe thats why my hair keeps falling out!

Posted on: 2013/5/30 21:07

summer of 11' was so nice, wet, wet, more rain, rain..until September, and then it was just taking fish into the Chesapeake, but, until that point it was awesome.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 21:31

From Chester County
To each his own. A few years ago, I was in the wet wading camp and ww all summer. Twice in the last few years I contracted an infection while wet wading through broken skin (I guess) and needed antibiotics. Now I'm in Jack's camp....I keep my skivvies dry (and my whistle wet!)

Posted on: 2013/5/31 6:47

From Pittsburgh
Need to go where there is cool water.
Many streams I fish in the springtime, are now getting too warm. And my focus now is on the limestoners, tailwater and headwater streams

Posted on: 2013/5/31 8:09

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com