fly fishing club

easternfly

easternfly

Does anyone know of a fly fishing club near my Jeannette location?

Kevin

What kind of "club" are you looking for?

1. A club with private water, stocked with large trout.

2. A club of fly fishermen that get together and swap stories.

3. A club that works toward having clean, cool water that wild trout can live in.

4. Some other kind of club.

What's the first rule of the fly fishing club?

Never talk about the fly fishing club!

That's an odd rule for a fly fishing club. I would think they would want to get the word out to attract new members. New members=more dues=more stream they can privatize to conserve and protect from the free lunch crowd.

laszlo wrote:

What's the first rule of the fly fishing club?

Never talk about the fly fishing club!

That's actually the 1st rule of public waters that folks think no one else knows about :hammer:

I was just thinking about a group of guys that I could get with in a club to fish with. I used to be a TU member and I know I could go that route. I'm looking for someone to fish with. I still need to learn some of the places to go.

Kevin

shortrod2 wrote:
What kind of "club" are you looking for?

1. A club with private water, stocked with large trout.

2. A club of fly fishermen that get together and swap stories.

3. A club that works toward having clean, cool water that wild trout can live in.

4. Some other kind of club.

Sounds like its number 2....

He just wants to go fishing with like minded people. Not pay dues and close off water.

You could likely accomplish that here. Many of us get together in local areas and fish together. You are on the right track, just be patient, throw out the feelers and likely you will find flyfisherpeople to join you.

Back