fishermen ever see a fisher?

k-bob

k-bob

saw excellent but stuffed fisher in NYC Museum American of Natural History. have seen coyotes, bears, rattlers, mink, chaz, and even a bobcat while out fishing, but never a fisher. Was surprised that the fisher was only about 12-15 lbs, I though they were bigger. anyone ever see one?

someone else's image of the nyc museum fisher:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8275609371_7dd1b0259f_z.jpg

I saw a fisher while fishing a brookie stream. It was pretty close and it looked straight at me, then scurried away and disappeared into the rhododendron.

if one of those little dog/fox/weasels was ever close and looked straight at me, I might have scurried into the rhododendendron :)

I saw one while bowhunting in West Virginia. Never saw one in PA or while fishing. They are extremely quick!

It was kind of a spooky looking animal. But, as you said in the first post, they just aren't very big, so nothing to be afraid of.

I felt very lucky to see one.

I have seen a couple of them in the wild here in Pa.

I've seen one each deer season for the past couple of years.

I've seen bears, turkeys, deer, hawks, many species of birds, small mammals, bob cats, troutbert, foxgap, and k-bob, but no fishers. I fish Schuylkill County streams fairly often and hope to see one there.

here.

Attachments

• fisher a.jpg
    fisher a.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 2
BradFromPotter wrote:
I saw one crossing Rt 6 on top of Denton Hill.

I've never seen a fisher, plenty of mink though. Last Nov I was camping up on Denton and I couldn't believe the coyotes. All night long. It sounded like a 5 hour slasher film.

Yup. My cabin is right on top of Denton Hill, and many many nights I've been woken up by the coyotes singing.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Yup. My cabin is right on top of Denton Hill, and many many nights I've been woken up by the coyotes singing.

thats right Andy, I met my brother up there and we camped right behind your place. yippin' and yappin', howlin'. I was up all night. I also saw ringnecks just walking along 6 in Galeton.

Nope (would like to someday).

that is a great picture it looks like an evil panda bear

I saw them quite a bit when I lived in NH but thus far I've only seen 1 maybe 2 here in PA. I tend to see mink quite often while fishing along PA's streams but not fishers. Despite their name, I don't think fishers are common sights along rivers and streams like a mink is.

how do they taste grilled ?

Just saw one along the clarion Tuesday

Have one that hangs around my camp. They can be pretty mean.

they hiss don't they. they look cuddly but I interrupted one eating birds eggs (likely Plover) down on the beach one dawn.

i gave it a wide berth out of respect (its his beach not mine) and it had the face to hiss at me !

Back