fish like this exhist in nj ?

mute

mute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCq5efUevlE

any ideas?

Private club...

Yo mu

NJ has some very pretty water. After all, the East side of the Delaware River has almost the same ecology as the PA side, although above Easton we do have the Pocono plateau. But on the whole, how many Jersey license plates do you see streamside here in PA? And how many PA plates are near the water there? 'nuff said.

Lake Solitude Club? Members or trespasser? If members, some needs to buy the young bulls a net and give them a short lesson on handling trout...

I live in North Jersey, those are stockers.

However, we have a few rivers with wilds. There's one that's like a mini Provo River in the respect that it has three sections of tail waters. VERY good fishing there when the conditions come together.

There is absolutely some good water in jersey. Those were big fish but were definitely stocked and the stream looked more like a warm water stream than a trout stream. To me, that screams private club.

As far as finding out which club it is, that's pretty tough there is generally not a lot of info on private clubs on the internet, and most have a waiting list to join.

You can catch stockers like that in any number of streams around here after their Derbies. French Creek, Darby, Chester, Pickering come to mind. As you know Mute; pretty easy pickings with a fly rod. 20" fish aren't all that unusual. I caught a 6lb. rainbow (25") on French last year Wanted to release it but took too long to get in on light tippet. Gave it to my brother who turned in into some pretty nice gravlox.

Back