HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

field and stream store

From Pittsburgh

Posted on: 2013/8/1 19:51

Re: field and stream store

"About Field & Stream Specialty Store: Named for the iconic brand that for more than 140 years has been synonymous with outdoor experiences, the Field & Stream store will offer a vast assortment of outdoor equipment...

The Field & Stream trademark is owned by American Sports Licensing Inc., and is not associated with Field & Stream Licenses Company, LLC or Field & Stream Magazine."

Alrighty then. I'm glad they explained that for us.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 21:09

I think it is owned or has something to do with Dicks Clothing and a few Sporting Goods.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 21:34

From Pittsburgh
I know a guy who is closing his own fly shop, and going to work there. He told me that it's going to sell quite a bit of FF gear - with some high end brands, such as Simms.
And it is associated with Dicks - although this store will concentrate more on hunting and fishing gear

Posted on: 2013/8/1 23:04

From harlansburg
yep, owned by dicks, and it's in dicks old building in cranberry, supposed to open in a couple weeks.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 8:59

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I've got a good friend who works in the graphic designs department of Dick's and he said the F&S should be pretty nice. Hoping to work that connection and pitch a buyer to have my products in there at some point.

I believe it just opened this week.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 13:26

From Butler, Pa
I would love to work there

Posted on: 2013/8/2 14:09

From Bucks County, PA
As long as they don't sell Field and Stream products I'm sure it will be good. Used to work at Dicks and the brands they own such as field and stream are not particulary high in quality by any stretch.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 15:36

From Pgh
by StarvinMarvin on 2013/8/2 14:09:29

I would love to work there

Based on Dick's wages, hope you can survive on a lower salary.
Service industry wages suck.

Posted on: 2013/8/2 19:57

Edited by greenghost on 2013/8/2 20:12:17

From Butler, Pa
ya but pretty much all my money now goes to full price merchandise, and I don't mean work there for the rest of my life. I know the employees get some good discounts

Posted on: 2013/8/3 12:48

From SW PA (Pittsburgh Area)
I'll check it out if i'm ever in the area but not really a destination. At least it will be better than the regular Dick's stores out there.

There's too much variability in them right now. If you ever go to South Hills Village, they have a good selection of fly tying materials and even the "buy-a-fly" by the cup selection. Then you go to the store in Monroeville or Pittsburgh Mills, and you can't even find a fly tying hook.

I know that South Hills Village is in a nicer demographic, but I'd think they'd have some middle ground of fly fishing/fly tying selection...

Posted on: 2013/8/3 22:32

It grand opens next week(august 18th, I think). Yep, its owned by Dick's and will carry higher end gear like yeti, simms, whatever other high quality brand you want to associate with fishing. Its primary focus is fishing, hunting, and camping. I know some people who work at dick's, but I havent questioned them too much about it. Its in cranberry, and Im in the south hills. Still hoping for the basspro/field and stream location in washington. I do the majority of my fly tying shopping online, but I wouldnt mind more retail options within driving distance.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 9:09

I live a couple miles up the road and I drive by it on a regular basis. It looks like a small scale cabelas. I will definitely be there on opening day. I keep driving by to see if they are doing soft openings early. Retail and restaurants will do soft openings to see flow and scope potential problems when they open full scale. I'll post if I see it happen.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 11:09

From Pittsburgh
I'm sure I'll stop up and see the store but I'll probably still do my shopping at International Angler. All of the sudden we have Cabela's, L.L. Bean, and now Field and Stream. It's always nice to have choices.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 11:28

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I have a few field & stream products from Dick's. I'm pretty happy with them. Not top of the line, but functional at good prices.

For instance, I have a wading jacket I got for $30 and couldn't be happier with. Since I only wear a wading jacket on 10% of my outings or so, it just doesn't make sense to buy something expensive. And this one works fine as a rain coat/windbreaker for non-fishing as well.

This does just sound like Dick's going back to being Dick's, though. There was a time when it was a good fishing/hunting/camping store, with premium brands, in addition to team sports. The clothing/golf/shoes, etc. were secondary. That flipped over time, as they pushed more and more clothing and golf, and shrunk the old standby's. Now, perhaps, this is the beginning of just separating them. They'll have 1 store for the clothing, golf, and team sports, and another store for outdoor sports. Trying to take on the Cabela's and Bass Pro's of the world.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 11:49

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com