Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: field and stream store

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Conformation for those duck dynasty fans.

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshow.html?article=11566175

Posted on: 2013/8/14 15:23

From lower burrell, pa
Didn't figure you as the kiss fm type Ryan

Posted on: 2013/8/14 15:25

I stopped in on my way home from work today. It is exactly what I expected. A small scale Cabela's. It will be convenient to have around.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 17:49

From SW PA (Pittsburgh Area)
I stopped tonight after work. I liked the fly tying section, but my initial thought is that there's way too much apparel. Maybe if I was a hunter, I'd realize the need for that, but seemed to take up at least 70% of the floor space.

Spent about $20.00 on some new materials and will be convenient to pick up some fly tying stuff if my fiancee drags me around Cranberry to shop. Still trying to stay local with that type of stuff...

Posted on: 2013/8/14 21:25

From Pittsburgh
I was there this morning.
The place is certainly well staffed. There were more employees than customers for sure. Guess that'll change this weekend though.

Very nice - kinda reminds me of the old sportsman's warehouse that use to be on mt nebo.

Huge selection of fly tying materials, which is mainly what I was after.

The only thing I couldn't find that I need, is mucilin paste. (International Angler doesn't carry it any more either) Guess I'll have to buy it on-line

Posted on: 2013/8/14 23:55

From Huntingdon
I would expect there is a lot of apparrel currently because of the fact that hunting season is right around the corner. Come spring i bet there will be more space devoted to fishing.

Posted on: 2013/8/15 0:17

From harlansburg
it's cranberry, suberb of picksburg, yes, clothing, lots of it. that's the most outdoors a lot of the shoppers there will ever get. Same thing at the cabelas near wheeling wv, t-shirts and hats that say cabelas take up 75 percent of store. I think they know where they make their money.
gotta have your northface t-shirt to do the grocery shopping doncha know!

Posted on: 2013/8/15 6:51

Dryflyguy, last time I was in the Neshannock shop he had mucilin paste in containers right by the register.

Pro4mance - I don't listen to that radio station, just did a google search.

Posted on: 2013/8/15 7:47

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
RyGuyFi wrote Quote:
I don't listen to that radio station...

Just like a hipster, denying it only serves to reinforce the fact!

Posted on: 2013/8/15 7:55

From Pittsburgh
I went through cranberry again this morning - couldn't believe the traffic jam caused by the official grand opening of this place today.
It was a real circus, with police cars stationed around to try to get things moving somewhat again.
Glad I went out wed, after originally planning on stopping there today.

Groove - thanks for the tip off of the soft opening.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 22:42

From Luzerne County, PA
I've owned a Field & Stream 6wt for a couple years now and I like it very much, it's not a Sage but it has certainly served me well, I don't see any problem with the craftsmanship. It has landed a few 20+ inch trout and some 17+ inch smallies.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 13:31

Quote:

bikerfish wrote:

gotta have your northface t-shirt to do the grocery shopping doncha know!

lol, Im sure a few of us were all "hey, I got a few of those". They are not made in America as far as I know, and are junk compared to USA made quality shirts for the same price as their lines.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 18:25

From New Castle, PA
Just stopped in the F&S store for the first time this morning.

Simply put, their FF'ing selection beats any other store I've been in. Fly shop, big box, or otherwise. It is that complete. There are very, very, few things they didn't have. The fly tying selection was very good.

As for those who think this store is going to be selling low end, private label stuff... ...not so much. The store is pretty much loaded with big name brands in ever department.

This is Cabela's without a restaurant, fish, tank, souvenirs, or three rooms of taxidermy displays. I think the selection of items, overall, might be better than Cabela's. There is just less BS.

Kev

Posted on: 2013/8/22 10:23

Visited for the first time yesterday. Had a coupon for $10 off of $25 so I spent a few bucks, but will probably not be back for any fishing equipment. Prices on tying supplies were inflated, they didn't have a few things I was looking for, and most of all, the employees there weren't all that helpful.

The store itself was fairly well laid out with some good displays. I'd probably go there if I was a hunter.

International Angler and Neshannock Creek shop will continue to get my business.

*disclaimer

For obvious reasons the only real things I buy from shops anymore are tying supplies, so that was what my comparison was in F&S to the local shops. I think just in regards to that, the small shops had a better selection.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 11:07

From Pittsburgh
I'll say that I was impressed by the varied high end brands they currently have. Prices are full blown retail and the staff is typical with only a handful of knowledgable reps.

Wondering if they have plans to launch a website selling their merchandise.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 19:51

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com