fastest route to huntington

bushwacker

bushwacker

which do u guys think is the fastest/most efficient route to huntington, pa from harrisburg area. 76 west then north or 322 west then south. looking over maps and cant make up my mind. also, hows the bass fishing above huntington on the juniata and is it big enough to kayak. wanted to take a multi-day trip from warrior ridge dam to mill creek.

322 to Lewistown then SW is gonna be quicker, unless it's a gameday or something.

From here in Lititz we run 322 then 22/522. Runs you right into Huntingdon. Bout 2 hr 20 min trip from here if I time it right around the Hburg belt way. Made it in 2 hr 5 min alread in the middle of the night bit it ain't worth the stress of run'n 80+

Water was pretty low this past week. But it changes pretty quickly with rain. Our camp sits right at point Access on the Juniata. I fished it from the point up towards camp on Saturday for about a 1/4 mile towards Huntingdon. Caught 9 Red Eye and a slew of Blue Gill. Better bass'n Right off the point and down river towards Mill Creek. If you put in at the hydro plant at Warrior Ridge you'll be able to float it all the way down through to Mill Ck with maybe a half dozen or so places you gotta drag it for a bit. That is if the water stays like was last week/weekend. It's not a question of the J being big enough. Your looking at a river that is 200 to 300+ft wide in places. The question is is depth in the riffs when the water is low. Have fun.

322 to 22/522. There was construction on 22/522 between McVeytown and Mount Union.

Saw the construction signs. Nobody working on off hours and days. Marked at 45 but ran it at 55+ no worries as long as it's not an active zone and work taking place. Been like that since at least Memorial Day weekend. Just keep it to 5 over whatever the normal speed limit is and it's a non issue. I guess if the construction bothers you, you can always run up to Reedsvill at 655 and run that west over in to Mill Ck but that always seems like such a long haul and if your doing it at night... It can be like dodge deer alley.

322 unless it's a game weekend. Fridays and Saturdays arevery bad going that way on a game weekend.

Turnpike to fort Littleton exit, route 522. 522 west for a mile to 475, north, to 655 north, to 829 north, to 22 west!

My camp is just outside Huntington, I go 322 back to break up the Montana, but that way is about 10 minutes longer! Both are somewhat scenic.

thanks 4 the input guys.

Back