collapsing nets for trout

D

dubthethorax

I'm in the market for one of those folding trout nets. I want something small that I can just clip on the side of my belt or something if needed. Any suggestions? I saw one as Bass Pro for like $18 and I have an old gift card I have to burn from there so that was a thought, but I'd be willing to spend more money for a better quality one if anyone has some ideas.

Yes Bass Pro has them for sure

Pete41 has recently brought this up, including a model built in PA.

I do not recall the name, but if we say the word MONTANA he will appear in the thread.

I don't recall it either-lol
made 10 miles from shamokin
JayL better get one-

Amazing though, innit? I say Montana, and he's here two minutes later.

Gudebrod EZ Fold Landing Net
one source

Don't look at me, I don't understand that mess, either. I'm too lazy to pirate anything in my old age.

will I get arrested? lol

I bought one of these many years ago from a fly shop on kettle creek.
Can't remember the brand name - but it was junk. I don't think it lasted a whole season

A good one will last for 10 years-and they have replaceable nets-if you wade deep very good net.Carry it on wader belt,upside down and cross draw-no easier net to use.Never snag.LT. weight and out of the way.

Billy Mayes ladies and gentlemen. Pete you should do infomercials for these things.

The one I tried was called insta-net, or something like that I believe.
The rim was made up of a thin stainless steel band, and very flimsy.
If I had tried to land a large fish with it, it would have likely broke even earlier than it did

If you are going to wade the Madison,misery or jellystone frequently-
three things you want.
Simple net
simple wading staff
simple mind
Aluminum cleats.
One I already had.
Only the given needed on White Clay creek.
rip offs in everything-the quality ones fine for 9 pders:}
pps-assuming tech savvy understand-You don't hold larger fish,out of the water,parallel but at 45 deg. angle-increases rim strength many fold.
Nuff said for TS...lol

My uncle patented a net like this... it's pretty rad. Push of a button and the net comes out. Has a ruler on the casing. The size of a hammer when carrying. I'll have to post a pic. It's old fashioned and I would never use it, but when he made it in the 80's it was cool.

Back