camping

marcq

marcq

anyone know any good camping spots with a good fishing. i was looking at some where on the delaware. late july or early augest is when we will be going.

I've been staying at a place called pleasant valley campground in equinunk. It's on the PA side of the river about 12 miles downstream from Hancock. Pretty good general location.
Another place called soaring eagle campground further downstream by stalker

Most state parks here in PA allow camping (at least tent camping). You might look into the SPs in that area. I don't know about Delaware Water Gap but there might be camping opportunities there too.

It depends on what section of the River you are looking to fish. Here is a listing for the upper as well as the middle sections:

http://www.delawareriver.net/campground.php

Yeah, I have trout on my brain, and just kinda assumed he meant the upper delaware

dryflyguy wrote:
Yeah, I have trout on my brain, and just kinda assumed he meant the upper delaware

DFG, I like the way you think!........ ;-)

DFG,
Afishinado, Fredrick, and myself are sort of the "warm water insurgents" around here.....Someone's gotta do it. :-D

I have been staying at River Beach Campground in Milford, PA for many years. They are right on the river and there is good smallmouth fishing right in front of the campground. We generally float the river with rafts and kayaks from Port Jervis, NY down to the campsite. They have river front sites there, but they require that you use thier rafts/kayaks if you want those premium sites. It is a nice clean campground.

Other options are up on the NY side. Cedar Rapids campground in Barryville, NY is decent. It has a bar/restuarant on the site. Great water to float and fish from the Ten Mile river access down to the campground. It is loaded with smallmouth in that section. The only problem with that campground is that it gets a lot of partiers that stay up very late. That may be what you are looking for though.

PA licenses are valid in this section of NY because it still borders PA on the west.

thanks guys it thinking about some big delaware river brown trout but smallie is another idea.

Back