campgrounds near Little J

mcwillja

mcwillja

Can anyone give me a few options on campgrounds near spruce creek or somewhere along the Little J. I live in Syracuse NY and I am having a hard time finding a campground in this general area. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

greene hills campground in baree is right along the banks of the little j, just below the gorge.

Green Hills Campground (814) 669-4212

On the river near Baree.

I like Greenwood Furnace State Park. It's a nice equal distance from the Little J and Spring Creek, but not on the water by any means. About 30 minutes from each, but really nice campground - quiet, clean and nicely wooded.

Green hill's, very nice camp grounds, step out your door and the stream is right there. A lot of good flyfishermen stay there.

phone # for CG's...1 814 669-4000

PaulG

Is that the campground on the way to the game commission parking lot, on the left and always has a lot of campers, and mostly a grassy strip of land along the stream?

Thanks guys...very helpful

http://www.campbluediamond.org/

This is a campground that was recommended to me when I asked the same question last year. It is a secluded compared to Greene Hills and is about ten minutes away from the LJ (back in the hills).

Overall experience was good, plenty of hot water and cheap firewood. No cabins or anything like that. There is also a very nice seperate area that has several nice buildings used for church retreats, boyscouts, etc.

Kev

Kevin, their website shows cabins. Looks a bit straight-laced. Alcohol and smoking prohibited!

Hmm, yeah looks like two cabins and also the nurses cabin which is sometimes available. Missed that, though I wasn't looking for a cabin last year. Seem like nice cabins from the pics. Prices aren't too bad either.

Sounds like a broke a nuch of rules!!!! LOL

The greene hills campground isn't quiet enough for me.
The trains blow their whistles all night at the nearby RR crossing in Baree

Back