Youth Fly Fishing World Championships to be held in State College

Wulff-Man

Wulff-Man

Has anyone heard about this?
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=564960

What do you think?

I bet it's going to be on the Beaver SRC water. If so, a real coup for them. Real representative of PA fly fishing!

Not sure what I think about FF competitions. I guess as long as it doesn't become commonplace or get to be 10% of what Bass Masters is, it's OK. I know others have stronger opinions.

Why does thta guy from Arkansas keep sying "here in PA"?

just wondering...

Yes I've heard about it, because PA Trout was asked to be a host of the event. And though I'm opposed to Fly-fishing as a competition, it is a good opportunity to put forth a good educational forum about wild trout in PA. That is the only reason I think it to be a good thing.

Chaz wrote:
Yes I've heard about it, because PA Trout was asked to be a host of the event. And though I'm opposed to Fly-fishing as a competition, it is a good opportunity to put forth a good educational forum about wild trout in PA. That is the only reason I think it to be a good thing.

IS PA Trout going to be the host? And what further details do you have? Such as when? And what stream section?

I actually think that is awesome. I am totally going to go and watch. I may even have a box of scudd patterns for sale :lol:.

You have to admit that is is pretty impressive that we beat out locations in Spain, Portugal, Canada and Iceland. Although that may have had a lot to do with low bidder. Good for old PA!!

tomgamber wrote:
Why does thta guy from Arkansas keep sying "here in PA"?

just wondering...
By "here" he probably means in the USA.

Chaz, do you know what streams they will be fishing? Public or private?

Even forgetting the absurdity of pellet-fed-hogs-in-a-barrel fishing, it would be nice to see how they fish on public water like Spring or Penns that we can or do fish all the time. But it might not be possible to close down public water for the event.

When will the competition be? I just need to know so i can get time off from work....lol

Right now that is all I know, but if you know Mike Matufka he should have more details.

Back